Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

I can’t think of a senior club hurler who can’t rise the ball under no pressure and puck it 20 yards to a spare man

It was about 40 yards straight to hand to a moving target in bad conditions. Nothing special but not simple either

i can’t think of a senior hurler that couldn’t do it. It certainly doesn’t deserve a highlight and a hurler of the year nomination over it

You dont really get it do you?

John McGrath and Graeme Mulcahy have barely got a puck off him in two games and not a word about it. He’s definitely been the best defender in the competition so far.

He’s getting a bit of credit here for his ball playing ability so I think its worth highlighting.

Mulcahy swapped with Oisin O’Reilly early enough in the game and spent most of the game on the 40

Who else makes the shortlist?

Dessie and Eoin Cody at this juncture.

Is that it?

Generally there are three nominees.

Brendan Maher won the 2020 version while Adrian Mullen won the inaugural renewal in 2019.

Its a very prestigious award.

EDIT: Actually Sean Moran may have won the inaugural renewal in 2018 when I think about it.

:rollseyes:

Dessie is running away with it as of now

Yes but the next 3 games in the competition will dictate who wins it

1 Like

And all because he had the presence of mind to write score, score, score on his wrist before he went out on the pitch. He must have forgotten to write it against Limerick last year.

2 Likes

He had it written alright, but Sean Finn wrote, stop him scoring x 4 and it was more powerful

1 Like

Sean Finn tippexed it out.

4 Likes

Dessie has a bit of an aura about him now not too dissimilar to a Callanan or Shefflin in their pomp.

The way O’Loughlin fumbled the ball when out in front for the first goal is testament to that.

Prunty did something similar against Callanan last year and it often happened with Shefflin where the back would be out in front but end up missing the ball as they become jittery knowing a top class forward is waiting to pounce.

mother of god

7 Likes

Most of that aura is because of his soccer career and the lack of alternatives

Dessie wouldn’t even start for limerick ffs

We had a couple of them last Sunday.