Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Football club and county is hard to watch now. I can hardly name half of the Tyrone team at the moment. My interest has waned massively. This new system next year will only suit the top 3 or 4 teams with huge squads.

High level Intercounty football is actually a decent watch these days.

That Kilcoo style shite though.

Not just Nordies at it either, defensive football is a great leveler if you don’t have the talent

Dublin handpassing style back and over is a tough watch.

Something about that annoys me greatly, and I think helps explain what is wrong with the game. “Our hard work paying off” indeed, where would Kilcoo be without you?! Straight into the dressing room afterwards to get the photo. Pity the point attempt that dropped harmlessly over the keepers head and hit the bar didn’t go in.

4 Likes

You may as well have took out a fishing rod …fullvio will be along soon …

1 Like

Kilcoo are a good team to watch. They play their game expertly, the problem was yesterday they went up against a team who tried to mirror that. Very few teams can go and play openly against Kilcoo because if they do they have so much pace and running power they will rip you open.

Kilcoo look a much better team than a few years back. A lot of the younger guys now beginning to come to the fore.

I’d fancy them to beat the pick of the three other teams remaining. Mickey Moran looks destined to succeed where he failed with Slaughtneil, if Corfin hadn’t been about at the same time I’d have fancied them to win one. The defeat against Crokes will hurt, would certainly have won that match only for Cassidy’s daft red.

3 Likes

Ah he’s not very good at the that lark, plenty of effort but no talent

3 Likes

The way Crokes closed out the game against Naas would lead me to believe they’d have no bother handling and doing something similar to Kilcoo

Kilcoo are a different beast altogether to Naas.

There’ll be nothing between Kilmacud and Kilcoo in a final. It could be a horrendous spectacle for the purists though as they’ll both play a similar low-risk type of game.

The tension will be unreal though.

1 Like

That tension bubbles up sooner in tight provincial grounds. It takes a long time to surface in the open stands of Croke Park. The 2020 Kilcoo/Corofin final being an example. Only really got exciting with 7/8 mins to go and the row at the end of full time. It was a poor spectacle up to that.

And what a 10 minutes it was that time.

I can see a Kilmacud v Kilcoo final being scoreless at half time.

Very true. Crokes struggled over the line against Portarlington in the semi-final. That was the de facto Leinster Final in reality. No comparison between a Kilcoo team who’ve played in an All-Ireland final and won two Ulster titles with a Naas team who won the Kildare senior for the first time in 31 years and who’s best player is 39.

Is Mannion out of the AI series? I’d strongly fancy Kilcoo to beat Crokes if so.

Naas were poor . Tullamore should have bet them bar a freak last minute goal , the wexford champs had them bet too …kilcoo way more seasoned .

1 Like

There’s an element of truth to this to be fair. I’d say a fairly large proportion of the GAA public wouldn’t know Kieran McGeary if they saw him on the street. Mayo players would be far more recognisable than their Tyrone counterparts over the last few years because of their involvement in those thrillers with Dublin and their odyssey.

1 Like

There was just nothing exciting about Tyrone winning it out really. No characters like the Dubs had or Mayo in the all ireland final those years.

1 Like

To be fair to them the semi-final against Kerry was a very good game and the final was intriguing too. A fair chunk of that group would have won an U21 All-Ireland in 2015 too but they just don’t seem to be as identifiable as some of the other top teams or even the Tyrone team of the 00’s.

1 Like

It’s been reported he’s gone for the rest of the campaign.

100% and did McGeary get footballer of the year?

He did yeah. Famous for that “They said we couldn’t, they said we wouldn’t” interview.

One of the Kilmoyley players uncles is from Bal’duff and put up a sign to wish them good luck, fair to say the sentiment that it was from everyone in Ballyduff, was not shared by everyone in the village.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

The G, the G, the GAA

10 Likes