Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

cc @Cheasty

Could be fairly iconic as the light declines on a Spring evening.

St Gall’s v Kilmurry Ibrickane in 2010 must be the most novel club final pairing of all time. It encapsulated the beauty of the All-Ireland club championships.

That’s a grand evening of sport.

Limerick v Galway in NHL Round 2 at 7pm then.

2 Likes

Think I’ll be giving it a miss - France v Ireland in the rugby is at 4:45 pm on that Saturday.

1 Like

What is the 5.30 pm Sky EPL game ??

Ipswich v Oldham - a very attractive looking clash.

1 Like
1 Like

The Limerick ‘fans’ will no doubt be demanding the GAA is shown on the TV’s in the pubs around the ground…

Surprising to put club finals up against Ireland v France in the rugby. Sunday make more sense.

What would be the best club finals since 2000? Brigids and Ballymun for the excitement would be up there for football, but for the hurling folk which is the best when looking back? I know Cuala and Naps two games were both brilliant alright but surely there have been more exciting examples

No, club hurling finals have in general been awful. Toomevara v Sarsfields only good one i can remember. Was that 1993? Some classic semi finals but finals have been desperate.

1. Toome lad got sent off iirc.

Graigue Ballycallan and Athenry was very exciting in 2001.

Athenry
The game that broke Denis Byrne

There have been some desperately disappointing one sided hurling club finals in the last 20 years. Among them…

Portumna trouncing De La Salle.
Na Piarsaigh trouncing Cushedall.
Ballyhale trouncing Kilmallock.

I suppose Coolderry and Loughiel was decent.

They gave some timber that day

It cost them

1 Like

Clarenbridge gave OLG an awful beating
Most finals were turkeys

I was at that one, a brutally cold day.

1 Like

I can’t remember if it was cold or not. I just remember another reddening for a Waterford team at Croke park. Hot on the heels of the 2008 AI final.