Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

My tip for the title are doing the business.

Just the 20 man backroom team for Portlaoise today

Fucking hell

Some tour Mountbellew are doing this evening.

Car Convey from Loughgeorge

Horseleap Cross
Ballinastack
Stop in Moylough Village

****stopping in cheevers for refreshments ***

Bus Tour of Parish.
Timree
Annaghmore Cross
Rushes Cross
Boyles of Laught
Cooloo School
Horseleap Cross

Scarrys Cross
Mullaghmore
Cloonoran
Moylough Sportsfield
Moylough

Tuam Road
Pairc an Chreagain
College Road
Newtown
Turn at Greenville Gates

Mountbellew
Ballygar Road
Aighairt Cross
Gurteen
Springlawn Cross
Clougher
Tuam Road

Mountbellew Square

That could be the beginning and the end of it

4 Likes

Tommeen will look after them

1 Like

They need to make the most of things, I had heard that the club has fallen apart a bit at underage.

Ah now… In what way?

Claregalway are hoovering up all the underage titles the past few years. Hasn’t quite transferred to senior yet though.

You would know more than me but I was told that while in years gone by they would generally be playing at ‘A’ level underage they are down in ‘C’ and ‘D’ now or whatever the Galway equivalent is. Their hurling club has amalgamated and is having great success at underage, the football side of the club didn’t like this and started giving fellas ultimatums, and by and large lads have stuck to the hurling. I might have heard it all from a biased source though and you have a better understanding of things?

You would think its only a matter of time, but then you look at Turloughmore in the hurling and realise nothing is guaranteed.
Galway football championship should be brilliantly competitive in the years ahead, Corofin are right back in the pack and there are plenty who would fancy taking down M/M. They did look very good today though, they might even have a chance of repeating what their beloved neighbours Caltra done.

:beer::beer::beer:

What the hell has gone wrong with Corofin?

I’ll need to watch today’s game back but are all these young lads they have like Gill and Mahon not up to it if they are still playing 37 year old Ciaran McGrath who wasn’t deemed good enough 2 or 3 years ago.

I’d a quick look on the Galway website there @Faldo and it seems it is correct. They won 1 game at u19 in North Board C, and lost every game at u17. They are below clubs like Kinvara at every age group - they used to contest A finals. Unlike most rural clubs M/M would have a decent pick and a steady population too.

Got shit sick of winning, it happens

Long time on the road. Were missing a few old stagers today like Sice and Ian Burke. Not sure it would have made a difference though. Beaten by a physically stronger hungrier team. They reached their first county minor final in almost a decade this year as well so the production line hasn’t been great in recent years.

They had 6 Galway under 20’s in 2019 none of whom could start on their senior team back then.

I think Darragh Silke is the only one of them to make any sort of impact in the last 2 seasons then.

Fucking hell… Didn’t realise that… A lot of clubs are amalgamating at underage… I don’t know if I’d read a lot into it. That’s a very young Mountbellew snr team

I think there are various issues there, the most prominent family would have fell out with quite a few in the club as well. One stood up at an AGM a few years back and proclaimed that there were players on the senior team who weren’t good enough to be playing for the club, which caused a bit of a problem. They have their medals now anyway and they won it playing good football.

1 Like

That’s only about three miles