Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Clann and Carryduff seem to have taken over in Armagh and Down recently, think they might have the last 3 county titles at that grade (U21) between them.

Yeah Cross were going well around 2017 or 2018 when the O’Neill boys were underage.

Kilcoo got to an Ulster minor final in 2019 i think when Shealan Johnson and Tiernan Fettes were involved in the Ulster Senior winning team also.

1 Like

#playerburnout

Kevin O’Brien has stepped down as Corofin boss after 6 seasons. Like Jogi Loew with Germany he probably stayed on a campaign or two too long.

The 3 in a row win against Kilcoo had a very strong ‘end of a process’ feel to it like Germany winning the 2014 World Cup or Dublin winning the 5 in a row.

2 Likes

The strange thing about Corofin was they never really had a county regular in their team. Guys like Burke, Sice, Molloy are/were kind of in and out of the Galway team but they probably had a team of players who were in or around the county squad. Kilcoo are actually a bit similar too in that regard.

Generally club champions would always have one or two players who’d be guaranteed starters for their county.

It’s just a mini festival organised by the Creggan club though in Antrim I’m sure, I don’t think the Ulster Council have any input. It works in Ulster very well because the standard across the province is so even, it would be far less a success in Munster or Connacht. No reason there couldn’t be a Midlands equivalent though with teams from Roscommon, Longford, Kildare, Westmeath, Meath, Carlow, Laois etc.
One of the big changes in the last 25 years in the GAA is the loss of festival tournaments, there should be more done by clubs to get them going again all across the country. Winning a tournament arranged by a neighbouring club was a great feather in the cap, even better if they were playing at a higher grade in county competitions.

7 Likes

There’s an Ulster U21 club championship? Great innovation. I’ve heard of Leinster minor club football championships alright but didn’t realise Ulster had such an event.

1 Like

Hosted by Creggan Kickhams.

http://u21.kickhamscreggangac.com/

A lot of them preferred spending their summers in America pre-Covid.

They had a lovely tradition back in those days of bringing the lads who spent the summer in America to the Kilmacud Sevens on their return in an effort to get them fit again for the Autumn Club Championship. They usually ended up winning that too.

This :clap:

The gold watch or suit length aren’t as sought after as they once were…
More’s the pity.

4 Likes

I once played in a tournament where the prize was a keg of guinness. Never saw anything focus lads minds quite like it.

4 Likes
1 Like

This should be good.

This is some nonsense showing a mickey mouse divisional team in Kerry.

Why isn’t the Glen match being shown this weekend?

The Examiner have the rights. And rightly so.

I was referring to the Ulster Club game.

The Cork hurling final hasn’t been a big occasion in my lifetime.

Utter dogshit game in Tralee

At least they have Eamonn Fitzmaurice on commentary to liven things up

10 Likes

Luckily Eamon Fitz is on co-commentary to bring excitement to proceedings

2 Likes