Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

@peddlerscross Kilmoyley play Templetouhy tomorrow in the munster intermediate.

Are TT any use? Kilmoyley have had a long layoff but are well tuned in for it and are traveling in expectation. I’m going to have a cut off them @5/4. If you tell me TT are useless I’ll have a right cut altogether

Moyne are far from useless.

They have a very good spine with Paul Maher (Former Tipp Minor, under 21 and senior panelist) in goal, Tossy Hamill ex Tipp Senior at 6, and Conor Bowe and Gearoid O’Connor (both started in 2019 under 20 AI Final) in the forwards.

Then they have older lads like John Coughlan who won an under 21 AI at full back in 2010 and Diarmuid Fogarty who won an AI Colleges with Thurles CBS in 2009.

They’ll go close tomorrow

1 Like

TT are very good.

1 Like

Should be a belter so

What would kilmoyley compare to Limerick or cork club teams?

Well the last time they had a run in it they got to the Munster final in 2016. Ran into Lismore, who shouldn’t have been relegated the year before by all accounts and were flat out for it, Shanahans etc. Beat Monaleen handy enough. They’ve back to back done in Kerry but obviously didn’t get to go last year. Kerry teams have made the final three times, and are only in it about 12 years or so (used to be senior). When it was senior Kilmoyely ran a few very good teams close in the 00’s but this isn’t as good a Kilmoyley team as that.
But very well coached by Meyler, know exactly what they are about and a great team to dig it out when things are going against them.
Well over half have played for Kerry over the years, and those who haven’t are young fellas. I’d say they’ve 5 on the current panel and another two or three who could be on it if they wanted. They’ve a lethal free taker in Daniel Collins and as I said very well organised. They’ll be hard to beat anyway.
They’ve had a very long break though.

Tipp have a poor record in it, generally the Cork club are the ones to beat

2 Likes

Ya would I be right in saying they nearly beat the great Toome team of the early 2000s?

Ya think they got within a point of Blackrock one year as well

Tipp have a poor record because we prefer to have teams playing senior hurling. Long story but Tipp club hurling is still in a very healthy place despite the begrudgers.

Ah ya huge disadvantage. Limerick intermediate teams have a shite record in it as well with no such excuse

Limerick club hurling is shit with worst attendances and no public interest.

Remember going to see Doon a few years back over in Bruff, there would be more at an intermediate game around here.

Steady stream of Ballygunner cars decked out in Black and Red rolling through Tipp Town on the road to Ennis this morning as I did a few ‘errands’.

Something very special about “The Rosineiri” making their bow in the GAA’s premier competition each winter.

Absolutely no sign of @Bandage or @The_Most_Infamous yet outside Aldi ahead of their fight when I drove past a short time ago.

4 Likes

Philip Mahony starts for Ballygunner. Big boost.

What’s the story with Gudgie? @Raylan @Big_Dan_Campbell

Does he not play at all anymore?

Gone out foreign

Emigrated in late 2016/early 2017. A huge loss them, a flaking club hurler

Ballyea struggling to move the ball here. Plenty of sloppy passes

One of your fellow Ruan clubmates has moved into my old place three doors down. Ex Clare panelist.

Ballygunner on top on the breaking ball so far.

Great finish.