Club Championships 2024

The night in 2016 when 12,000 people packed in on a Wednesday night was absolutely ICONIC.

2 Likes

Ballymun take on some idiotic shots.

Halcyon days

Davy Byrne doing Davy Byrne things.

Yellow card and immediately taken off. He’s a lucky boy.

Never change Davey Byrne

Talk about winning in spite of yourself. Ballymun just don’t do playing Vincent’s.

1 Like

We used to be a proper country.

Ballymun edge tonights clash by two points.

I don’t think they’ll be going much further.

‘Everyone tried their hardest’

Who the fuck is that co commentator :joy:

Rammer rides on

Paul Clarke is it. Stapo on commentary is a dose.

1 Like

They’re both unbelievably droll

Or no one would pay for it?

Not a patch on Oisin and Joe on the hurling.

Joe was fair bitter last week on it after failing to get the big gig.

4 Likes

I’ll need to listen back to hear if Oisin wound him up on it.

Amazing after all these years the Ballymun supporting cast still dont know their limitations and get their big players on the ball more.

Shane Saint does a nice line in the “whispering” genre of commentary pioneered by Des Curran doing the deferred TV3 Champions League game which used to be shown in its entirety after midnight, circa 2001/02.

Whispering John O’Donovan had better watch his back for the badminton gig at the next Olympics.

Killyclogher with a last gasp goal to take Carrickmore to a replay up in Tyrone - 2-09 to 1-12.

A hastily arranged replay will take place next Thursday night.

As it should be. Cc @Cheasty

1 Like

There’s unreal late September air out there tonight. I was only wondering to myself as I walked in the dark there a couple of hours ago if there was a Friday Night Lights special on in Tyrone tonight. Sounds like a classic of the genre.

3 Likes

A classic of the late September genre alright. This next two weekends are probably the ultimate in Club Championship weather. You get a lot of Day/Night games.

Sparky Bradley did untold for Killyclogher i believe.

Lapsed poster @fulvio was a big fan of his.

Is golden balls expected back for Kilamcud tomorrow I’ve seen he’s got the 26 jersey anyway