Colm Cooper

Interesting. Brolly said he contacted Cooper to say he was sorry for demonising him over it but emphatically denied apologising for criticising him over having the testimonial itself.

Cooper should be banned from playing with Dr Crokes if he goes ahead with his “testimonial”.

Professionalism will destroy the GGA

Coopers testimonial will bring on professionalism

High profile players will consider having testimonials midway through careers, earn a tidy wedge, and pay themselves a wage for the next 3-4 years

This will destroy the GGA

Already there are a number of people making out like bandits from the GGA, pay for play is coming

Coopers testimonial will quicken the end

You should be in favour of it

Already its splitting the association and bringing about the resignation of one of its biggest names

Tick tock, tick tock

FWIW, I say best of luck to Cooper.

Hope Cooper goes destitute in a few years.

Would serve him right.

I really do not see an issue with Cooper having a testimonial dinner. If people are happy to hand him over the cash then who gives a fuck? Being a GAA player doesn’t mean you can’t make any profit out of it ever. Lads have been making money off their profile for as long as the GAA was around, and best of luck to them for it, they get fuck all but abuse for their sacrifices otherwise.

As for Duffy, the man who signed a deal with Sky sports and is backing the super 8 abortion in order to maximise revenues for the GAA at the expense of grassroots. He can go and fuck himself.

Duffys issue with it in his piece today, was that it would take from money the association could get themselves. You couldnt make it up.

That’s a bizarre statement from someone who counts themselves as a good Christian.

+1

would love it

Just reading there.

It looks as if next August bank holiday weekend will have BOTH hurling semi finals AND the last round of the Super 8s.

Fuck me!

Fuck the hurling. They might rejig it now that they’ve moved the football final back into September in case the Pope wants to visit at the end of August

Irish rugby great Brian O’Driscoll has come out in support of Coopers testimonial. He has “no idea what all the hoo haa” is

Of course he doesn’t that south Dublin prick

Brian is a philanthropist.

Job 4:8 “As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it.”

Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Where to start?

I don’t believe you can count Old Testament figures as Christian, seeing as they were all dead before Christ was born.

It’s the bible, mate.

Brian is from north Dublin ffs.

Indeed. I was commenting about you be a ‘Christian’ though.

The scriptures validate me.