Comrade Patty Cosgrove - Irish Hero

In what way? As in not declaring income?

Depends in what capacity you’re talking about.
There’s serious onus on directors and senior management to behave properly post 2008 crash. New accountability laws have been passed and are currently being put in place so that individuals rather than the institution now take accountability for their misbehaviour.

But if you’re talking about individuals misbehaving outside the state regulation, there’s still a legal onus for them to declare interests where they can profit. See the companies act 2014.

It depends what youre talking about tho.

In reply to @Thomas_Brady’s assertions that politicians get away with it (whatever ‘it’ is in this case)

Just wondering is that actually the case or not, I’m totally ignorant on the topic, in my ignorance I think maybe politicians have more to lose than most by allegations of impropriety

yes, that long list of politicians who have been jailed, lost their seats and had assets seized has been having a wonderful deterrent effect :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I detect sarcasm,
Are these typically jailing offences for the public?

for corruption in public office, yes.

we should expect the highest standards of those in office, and if they fail to meet those standards then they should face the full weight of the law.

You’re answering something that wasn’t asked,
I’ve admitted that I don’t know about these things so a straight answer would suffice
Are these recent allegations in the Ditch examples of politicians getting away with something that the average Joe would face more serious repercussions for, jail or whatever??

No need for the sarcasm,

Yes.

I dont think normal joe Public has the same conflict of interest issue. If you’re a normal person, you’re allowed do whatever you want within the law.
Thats not supposed to be the case with politicians. They are meant to operate for the public good only and not involve themselves with anything that benefits them. And they are to declare anything that could be of interest. What we can say is that in most cases where there has been a crossover of public/private corruption/use of influence, the punishment has been from lenient to non existent. And a few lads who were done were also excused at a later date on an oul technicality.

Hopefully Paddy looks at Qatar next and lads not properly recording 300 euro for poster hanging.

He’s no problem doing business in Portugal which ranks way below Ireland

Transparency International’s 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index scored Portugal at 62 on a scale from 0 (“highly corrupt”) to 100 (“very clean”). When ranked by score, Portugal ranked 33rd among the 180 countries in the Index,

No wonder we’ve no corruption, shur no one is logging their conflicts of interest.

Explaining = Losing Paddy :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Incredibly embarrassing for Rte and to be honest it’s a joke. This will get cosgrave a whole host of new followers.

If nobody can trust the media it’s huge for the likes of trump as they can basically dismiss anything.

Paddy’s followers on Irish Twitter will love that but in truth no one else will even notice or give a fuck

5 Likes

Wow. Wait til trump realises this. 5 years ago.

That’s the long and the short of it.

1 Like

Paddy has destroyed RTE and a rake of lads here.

1 Like

Ewan McKenna is another lad that has a few dopes on here absolutely destroyed

1 Like

I’d say a few dopes here have you absolutely destroyed more like :joy: