Coppers - get here now

“The safety and wellbeing of our patrons is paramount at all times, and at present our major concern is for the people who were caught up in the incident and particularly those who were injured.”

:clap:

video of it on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILRuCM5l_E

it would take something to block the exit of the laneway to cause a crush - people falling would do that I suppose but even then you need a few of them or you need something or somebody stopping them exiting the laneway

Messy-Mondays were originally at The Big Tree up north for DCU & St. Pats students. It was moved to Coppers and had been promoted for weeks. From talking to lads who were at it they said the bouncers just weren’t letting people in. Also I’d love to know what rock people are living under if they think 18’s and under aren’t being let in. They didn’t make €6.8 million last year by turning away customers

That’s a very serious allegation. We really don’t want Coppers to be added to the list of people/things we’re not allowed talk about.

Neither do I but I have friends who are 18 that are let in if the bouncers judge them to be sober enough, same as the rest of us, irrespective of age.

Incorrect. Messy Mondays were originally in Pegs for £1 a drink.

:eek:

Sorry mate, not tonight.

TFK is 21s.

Sorry, I meant they were at The Big Tree previous to being at Coppers.

what exactly are you trying say here?

Jaysus, that brings back memories. Getting double vodkas and a red bull for 3 quid. Temple theatre used to have some other cheap ass promotion too when they sold some alternative to red bull. Christ I hated red bull and vodka! Still do, couldn’t touch the stuff now.

Forget the ‘Celtic tiger cubs’ or generation x or whatever. We were the red bull and vodka generation.

Yup, you’d queue for half an hour to get a drink so to make the most of it you’d spend the guts of 10 or 15 quid, then spill half of it on the way back to wherever you were.

Then when Pegs closed the Palace went £1.50 all drinks. Utter carnage. Messy Mondays and 3.50 pints my hole. That shit was hardcore.

[quote=“Mac, post: 894988, member: 109”]Yup, you’d queue for half an hour to get a drink so to make the most of it you’d spend the guts of 10 or 15 quid, then spill half of it on the way back to wherever you were.

Then when Pegs closed the Palace went £1.50 all drinks. Utter carnage. Messy Mondays and 3.50 pints my hole. That shit was hardcore.[/quote]
Bottle of Buckfast down the Spanish Arch followed by 14 pills in the GPO then house party until 3 days later. Oh to be young again.

:rollseyes:

A better shot. Some going by the Laoisman to get AIB to pay for that.

:rollseyes:

The original shot just for comparison

joe.ie level “banter”

2 Likes

That’s their clientele. Thats whats paying Laois GAA expenses pal.