Corey Parker

Looks like he is getting a new deal- A cracking player with an unbelievable ability to offload in the tackle

COREY Parker is seeking a new deal from the Broncos in a move that would see Brisbane’s ironman become the first forward in the club’s decorated history to play 300 NRL games.

In keeping with his no-fuss mantra, Parker’s latest milestone went largely undetected. But it was significant, with the 31-year-old surpassing wing legend Michael Hancock (274) with his 275th top-grade game in the Broncos’ 28-12 loss to Penrith on Friday night.

The Queensland Origin forward is now second on the club’s all-time list for NRL appearances. Remarkably, Parker could usurp former Broncos teammate Darren Lockyer (355) as the most-capped player in the code’s history if he achieves his ambition of playing until age 35.

Parker is contracted until the end of next season, but has set his sights on playing until at least 2016 after career-best form this year headlined by his outstanding Origin series.

Underlining the merit of his feat on Friday night, Parker is well clear of Brisbane forward luminaries Andrew Gee (255 games), Shane Webcke (254), Petero Civonicevas (215) and Brad Thorn (200).

“I am proud of it,” Parker said of leapfrogging Hancock into second place behind only Lockyer.

"The club means a fair bit to me and to be a part of the place since I was a teenager and to have played so many game in the Broncos jersey is very special to me and my family.

"I still remember my first training session and that was 13 seasons ago. "I use the word fortunate because sometimes in life you don’t get dealt the cards you hope. But I have worked extremely hard, the club has had some faith in me and I will be forever indebted to the Broncos.

“I remember training alongside Michael Hancock so to think my name is etched alongside his and a guy like Locky … it is a wonderful thing.”

The dungeon awaits…

[quote=“North County Corncake, post: 854318, member: 2428”]Looks like he is getting a new deal- A cracking player with an unbelievable ability to offload in the tackle

COREY Parker is seeking a new deal from the Broncos in a move that would see Brisbane’s ironman become the first forward in the club’s decorated history to play 300 NRL games.

In keeping with his no-fuss mantra, Parker’s latest milestone went largely undetected. But it was significant, with the 31-year-old surpassing wing legend Michael Hancock (274) with his 275th top-grade game in the Broncos’ 28-12 loss to Penrith on Friday night.

The Queensland Origin forward is now second on the club’s all-time list for NRL appearances. Remarkably, Parker could usurp former Broncos teammate Darren Lockyer (355) as the most-capped player in the code’s history if he achieves his ambition of playing until age 35.

Parker is contracted until the end of next season, but has set his sights on playing until at least 2016 after career-best form this year headlined by his outstanding Origin series.

Underlining the merit of his feat on Friday night, Parker is well clear of Brisbane forward luminaries Andrew Gee (255 games), Shane Webcke (254), Petero Civonicevas (215) and Brad Thorn (200).

“I am proud of it,” Parker said of leapfrogging Hancock into second place behind only Lockyer.

"The club means a fair bit to me and to be a part of the place since I was a teenager and to have played so many game in the Broncos jersey is very special to me and my family.

"I still remember my first training session and that was 13 seasons ago. "I use the word fortunate because sometimes in life you don’t get dealt the cards you hope. But I have worked extremely hard, the club has had some faith in me and I will be forever indebted to the Broncos.

“I remember training alongside Michael Hancock so to think my name is etched alongside his and a guy like Locky … it is a wonderful thing.”[/quote]

fantastic
news

if Benny Barber is over his off field problems it could be a good year for us

You hear anything about Cameron Smiths plans too, if he joined I honestly think we could do it

[quote=“North County Corncake, post: 854318, member: 2428”]Looks like he is getting a new deal- A cracking player with an unbelievable ability to offload in the tackle

“I remember training alongside Michael Hancock so to think my name is etched alongside his and a guy like Locky … it is a wonderful thing.”[/quote]

I know you’re new here, pal, so just to inform you that there’s a designated thread for all Australian oval ball pursuits.

hey ‘pal’, this is very important news and deserves a thread of its own, so go fuck yourself.

:clap:

:smiley: