Cork weirdo/sicko thread

@Rocko

They’re changing it again.

Boo hoo …

Weirdo.

If he hasn’t cooked for the emperor of Japan he can FOAD

5 Likes

You mentioned Eccles hotel in Glengarriff. Have you ever been there out of interest? I did two nights in the summer in Glengarriff but stayed in a different hotel. Herself wanted to tip over to Eccles for a look round, because Pippa Middleton had stayed there for a wedding recently in the area. I suppose if its good enough for them it can’t be too bad. One thing I noted was it doesn’t seem to have been invested in at all in many years. Has an old world feel about it and a bit dusty. I commented at the time that it would not look out of place as a haunted hotel in a horror movie. Best of luck with it hopefully no ghost jumps up on your back there.

2 Likes

Its the same lad :money_mouth_face:

Passed through Glengarriff over summer. Odd enough spot I thought. Went into a local bar/restaurant for a bite to eat with the life partner. Few toasted sandwiches, some chips and a few pints of mi wadi; that kind of fare. Went to pay but they didn’t take card. Went into the small shop down the road. They didn’t take card/do cashback in the town. No ATM. Thought we’d end up washing the dishes until another friend that we knew would be passing through called in and had cash he was able to borrow.
Probably serves me right venturing into rural Cork without a wad of cash but I thought a tourist spot like that would be well set up.

Billy big balls here with his cards.

2 Likes

Tae in mug when I arrived down there.

Fortunately my mate is a tradesman who doesn’t lodge all his money in the bank.

Ye mad cunts.

I was driving pal.

You should always carry a few quid just in case.

1 Like

I usually would to be honest but this time was an exeption

Cash is still king

You’re a mug to go anywhere outside the pale without cash on you and rely on the plastic card.

It’s safer anyway, it’s ridiculous the amount of people I know who have had their cards skimmed either at home or abroad. Eventually get it back off the bank but a pain in the hole to go through the rigmarole and wait another week or two to be reimbursed.

most of rural Oireland is like third world Africa with the shite infrastructure

2 Likes

Recommend a hotel in Cork that won’t break the bank.
Must be centrally located.

Jury’s

Alone or accompanied?

Jury’s inn is cheap and absolutely fine,
But I’d always recommend the River Lee hotel, it’s mid range but it’s top class.