Cork weirdo/sicko thread

is the Hi Bi still going?

1 Like

The one in Mallow?

That’s out of town a little bit for high heels. Where are you spending the night?

It is ya. Go there most christmass

It looks like an awful shithole on the way in alright. Mind you so does Dublin.

They’ve a tonne bag of salt out the back that’s on a constant refill!!!

Great spot. Fine place for a few afternoon pints. There used to be a ban on Mobile phones in there but I’d say it’s nearly a decade since I was last there

1 Like

what about the long valley? you used to get a lovely sandwich there

twould be 17 years since i was in it

Cork was a real place back then.

1 Like

I used to love going to the brog and an cranneog for a few pints on a Monday, in one way, I suppose you could call it a little tradition of mine at the time, I suppose they are well gone too

Yuppies, crank & new age s & c coaches etc have fucked Cork up. Fucked it up good & proper.

If cities are sexed, as Jan Morris believes, then Cork is a male place. Personified further, I would cast him as low-sized, disputatious and stoutly built, a hard-to-knock-over type. He has a haughty demeanour that’s perhaps not entirely earned but he can also, in a kinder light, seem princely. He is certainly melancholic. He is given to surreal flights and to an antic humour and he is blessed with pleasingly musical speech patterns. He is careful with money. He is in most leanings a liberal. He is fairly cool, usually quite relaxed, and head over heels in love with himself.

At the very least, the last of this is true: the city of Cork is besotted with itself, and it talks of little else.

1 Like

Have you boys really been arguing all night about who has the nicest city?

Yup, and we won mate. These Cork fuckers are questioning their very existence and now look upon PaNa as an embarrassment. They’ve been left with nothing. @Tassotti 's eerily accurate comparison to Bradford was the real finishing blow

A great victory

Just watched the young offenders. A great film. .

3 Likes

They’re getting a TV series.

The rubberbandits must be seething

You couldn’t tell though what with those stupid fucking plastic bags