Cork weirdo/sicko thread

Touché bitch

Plans sorted so for our whistle stop over-nighter to the real captial.

Hayfield Manor - Paradiso - Fob and Gill - Hayfield Manor

Can’t wait:beers:

The concierge at the Hayfield is probably well used to sorting taxis home from the Fob and Gill, he may even advise on a nice wine to order when you’re up there,
Enjoy pal, don’t see how it could go wrong

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up mate. Looking forward to it

Well lah di dah!

It will be lovely provided @ChocolateMice is able to hold his drink.

1 Like

“Concierge”.

We are going to get Brady wrecked on Buckie

2 Likes

The Hayfield is a fine hotel. Enjoy your stay

1 Like

He’s going drinking with @ChocolateMice

The Corkies could not convict a munster supporter

Cork man’s murder conviction quashed on appeal
http://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/0209/939517-david-o-loughlin-appeal/

Dined in Spitjacks Rotisserie Brasserie last night
 @Phil_Leotardo couldn’t tempt me to eat leaves and beans
 It was very nice. Middle scale dining- not quite upmarket, but not overly casual. The Pork belly had just finished up which I was very put out over but went with the lamb shank and it was lovely. The Mrs went with the rotisserie chicken and it was top notch. Had a pickled beet and goats cheese started but declined pudding. Two red ales with food 
 8/10.

1 Like

Very unclear what went on there. Whoever wrote that article should be sacked.

Been there a few times. Its good but its an upmarket carvery basically isnt it???

Is it? I wasn’t paying attention to the kitchen, mate. The grub was nice anyway.

Yeah I thought it was lovely both times when I was there but I got pork last time and it was just sliced off a massive pork joint cooked on what Im assuming was a spit jack.

1 Like

Yet another rugby player going for a spit roast

Quite a laboured effort by your standards. 4/10

How’d you get on @Phil_Leotardo, I believe they were expecting you in the Fob last night, was the sing song any good?

We were heading there but the taxi man ending up being a Croom man (where my auld lad originates from) and he insisted we try the oyster tavern instead. I’ll make it next time bro. Appreciate the recommendation though.

Paradiso was superb. Cork should be proud of it. What a menu
 what a meal. Nothing like it anywhere else in Ireland that I am aware of.

Hayfield was great in the main. Staff were spot on. Although for the room price they are charging they could well do with putting some money into certain things. The pool/spa area is average at best for a 5 star. Our room had a “clock/radio/cd player” yoke that I am sure we had in our house 25 years ago. Similar with the TV - although I might say it was more 2000/2001 vintage. They could learn a bit from hotels like the Killarney Park hotel etc (which is actually cheaper too)

A fantastic short break though

5 Likes