Cork weirdo/sicko thread

Glad you enjoyed it. RIver Lee hotel probably much cheaper than Hayfield manor and its at least its equal.

Paradiso is sensational alright. Not many places on the go as long as it.

Oyster is a good call with the mrs. Same ownership as noted cunthole House. Wouldnt be many cunts in cork tho

2 Likes

Is the Oyster the one thatā€™s down one of the lanes off Patrickā€™s St? Behind where the new Capital isā€¦ not a bad spot if it is, more for couples

No sign of a wild @ChocolateMice on the streets of Cark yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That is it

1 Like

Just had a look at the menu for Paradiso there. Looks outrageously expensive for veg and tofu. What did you have?

1 Like

Veg with tofu.

8 Likes

It is pricey but donā€™t knock it until you have tried it.

Went for the tortellini for starters and the feta and pistacio couscous cake for mains.

Sounds nice enough but 33 quid for that it would want to be good.

Iā€™d have no problem paying it again.

1 Like

Horsebox roaring inside there ā€œWHEREā€™S ME MATE?, WHEREā€™S ME FUCKIN MATEā€

5 Likes

Heard it was full of shapers???

Iā€™d be worried that certain posters here would not have appreciation of such fine dining

What brings you to Cork so often?

I wouldnā€™t say twice in 2 weeks is often. To answer your question, Iā€™ve an interview.

2 Likes

Good luck with it

2 Likes

Itā€™s a superb restaurant, when it opened first my pals girlfriend was one of the chefs, I ate in there the week it opened, probably 93 or 94 when vegetarian cooking in Cork was pizza in the quay co-op, it was extraordinary what Denis Cotter was doing back then, heā€™s some amazing chef,
Just a pity you never got to the Fob afterwards to join a very very exclusive group of people whoā€™ve been in both establishments willingly

1 Like

Youā€™d want your head examined not to like the grub in Cafe Paradiso. Worth every penny, and this is coming from a snackbox merchant @Horsebox

Canā€™t believe @ChocolateMice stood @Phil_Leotardo up and went for some carvery instead. You can take the man out of Limerickā€¦

Anyone from Cork want to explain the term ā€œa Manageā€? It was explained to me there at dinner and I donā€™t think my explanation would do it justice.

Think itā€™s a threesome mate.

1 Like

Can you use it in a sentence please