Cork Democratic Party

These guys have posters up around the place (well one at the Dunkettle and one at the roundabout in Midleton that I’ve seen). Wanted to know more about them but no dedicated website. They’ve issued a statement on politics.ie

[i]Hello to all on Politics.ie.

The Cork Democratic Party is about bringing together people in the County of Cork, from across the political spectrum to solve our county and country’s problems.

The reason for our existence is this: the political system is broken in this country and we do not believe that either Labour or Fine Gael will be the ones to put the country back together again. Cork County with a population near 1/2 million returns 19 TD’s to Dail Eireann. That’s a lot of power which is not being properly harnessed.

By coming together as a united group under a Cork banner, leaving ideological baggage behind, we will be able to be far more creative in tackling local and national issues.

As can be seen in the photo above, we do not believe Global Warming or Climate Change to be caused by CO2 gas. The policy of Carbon Taxes across the planet will lead to deindustrialisation pure and simple. It will restrict economic activity and is not in Ireland’s best interest.

Micheal Martin on Pat Kenny this morning described Climate Change to be the biggest single problem facing the EU. In our opinion, he is way off the mark.
The biggest problem facing society today is the corrupt system of banking on which the world operates, and the manipulation of the money supply which fomented the financial crisis in this country.

We would advise politically aware people in Dublin, Mayo, Galway, and Waterford etc etc, across the country, to either join a political party or else start one up specifically for your area.

The rulebook needs to be rewritten and don’t leave it to others in Labour or FG or the Greens to solve your problems, you’ve got to get involved today. Make your voice heard. [/i]

In times of recession and depression springs the likes of this shite!

Discuss

Ah they sound like pure lunatics. They’re dressing themselves up as anti-corruption but the little piece about CO2 gas not causing climate change tells you a lot about the mentality I’d say.

Ah, Cork lads…

Some things never change…

They sound very young.

I like the way they say theu don’t believe that CO2 causes climate change but don’t offer any explanations why or any other alternatives.

All they need now is to mention ‘brown paper envelopes’ and they are away with it!

[quote=“Locke”]These guys have posters up around the place (well one at the Dunkettle and one at the roundabout in Midleton that I’ve seen). Wanted to know more about them but no dedicated website. They’ve issued a statement on politics.ie

[i]Hello to all on Politics.ie.

The Cork Democratic Party is about bringing together people in the County of Cork, from across the political spectrum to solve our county and country’s problems.

The reason for our existence is this: the political system is broken in this country and we do not believe that either Labour or Fine Gael will be the ones to put the country back together again. Cork County with a population near 1/2 million returns 19 TD’s to Dail Eireann. That’s a lot of power which is not being properly harnessed.

By coming together as a united group under a Cork banner, leaving ideological baggage behind, we will be able to be far more creative in tackling local and national issues.

As can be seen in the photo above, we do not believe Global Warming or Climate Change to be caused by CO2 gas. The policy of Carbon Taxes across the planet will lead to deindustrialisation pure and simple. It will restrict economic activity and is not in Ireland’s best interest.

Micheal Martin on Pat Kenny this morning described Climate Change to be the biggest single problem facing the EU. In our opinion, he is way off the mark.
The biggest problem facing society today is the corrupt system of banking on which the world operates, and the manipulation of the money supply which fomented the financial crisis in this country.

We would advise politically aware people in Dublin, Mayo, Galway, and Waterford etc etc, across the country, to either join a political party or else start one up specifically for your area.

The rulebook needs to be rewritten and don’t leave it to others in Labour or FG or the Greens to solve your problems, you’ve got to get involved today. Make your voice heard. [/i]

In times of recession and depression springs the likes of this shite!

Discuss[/quote]

They’re right to say that people should be more aware of (and involved in) politics. We turned a blind eye for the last few years because most people were doing well as a result of economic growth. Its a bit late to be saying that the politicians blew the Celtic Tiger when we watched them doing it.

Surely all soloutions stem from one ideological basis or another?

Ah I thought they were going to be some sort of Cork sepratist group bit disapointed in that really

Likewise. They’d probably get more cunts to join too were they that.

Thats the PRC crowd you’re thinking of. They’ve had some limited success in de-stabilising one of the sporting organisations representing the irish republic. They’ve managed to get two figures in central positions who then threw the rattle out of the pram and fooked off.

Outside of the Environmental thingy i think they are probably right. Parties like this is probably exactly whats needed.

There needs to be something done, and soon.

The PROC is a website, t-shirts and a magazine, nothing else. They were trying to come up with a catchy name and they came up with that. Its gas the way some outsiders actually think Cork people want independance. This was an extension of a Cork City supporters club.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Outside of the Environmental thingy i think they are probably right. Parties like this is probably exactly whats needed.

There needs to be something done, and soon.[/quote]

Would you say that if they were from Wexford?

Absolutely Mac. The country needs to do something drastic, and fast Maybe for the first time ever in this country we could get a number of similarily pissed off people to unite through parochial groups like this, and then combine for marches or whatever. Combined Counties for Change Party. CCCP.:wink:

But seriously, i really believe some anarchy and/or mass protests are the way forward. I’m saying these guys are the answer, i know feck all about them, but i do believe something has to happen.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Absolutely Mac. The country needs to do something drastic, and fast Maybe for the first time ever in this country we could get a number of similarily pissed off people to unite through parochial groups like this, and then combine for marches or whatever. Combined Counties for Change Party. CCCP.:smiley:

But seriously, i really believe some anarchy and/or mass protests are the way forward. I’m saying these guys are the answer, i know feck all about them, but i do believe something has to happen.[/quote]

:wink:

cant exactly see a mong like you who lectures peopel about diets & lives for junior gga as an anarchist

[quote=“north county corncrake”]:wink:

cant exactly see a mong like you who lectures peopel about diets & lives for junior gga as an anarchist[/quote]

There is alot of things you can’t see.

What’s Mac doing on here during the day?

Back ta work ta fook :smiley: