Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Any dig at the setup is a dig at Kingston. Sure he was the manager

2 Likes

Yeah fair enough, but his beef was specifically with someone else.

Was it Spillane who called them wankers with earpieces or something like that.

Mr. ā€˜Pro Hurlingā€™

Presumably Mulcahy or Furlong.

Horgan would have been better off keeping his head down til he hangs up the boots. As great a hurler as he has been, itā€™s always been about himself rather than the team.

1 Like

Furlong

Iā€™d guess heā€™ll probably be a sub again this year if they have everyone available.

Best place I could see for him would be as a drifting 11 with two ball winning, athletic half forwards but sure thats every good hurlers dream scenario.

Thought it was a bad interview.

Horgan would have been better suited to shut his mouth.

Ryan strikes me as a tough task master who doesnā€™t want any disrespect shown to any of the previous managers.

When Lehane was scoring frees then Horgan was not a definite starter. As said it has to be of frustration when the tackle stats or sprint stats come up and Hoggy boi isnā€™t pulling his weight. This is magnified when they lose.

1 Like

Cork lads turning on their own, a great history of this tbf

They should strike for justice for Hoggy

3 Likes

Cork lads turning on one of the few lads that has actually performed. Theyā€™ll want Harnedys head as well tge only two lads that carried the Cork forwards for years.
Imagine the majority want Dalton in and Hoggie out. Jaysus

1 Like

Lehane has been derided and loudly criticised in cork as well, despite scoring regularly. He got a goal and 2 in the semi final in '18. Theyā€™ve wanted him gone for years, the cork crowd. Embarassed the management into bringing him back by winning a county by himself for midleton

2 Likes

Its a fascinating insight into the mental frailty & anxiety that is synonymous with Cork hurling . I seem to remember Da Rock giving a similar cry baby interview last year ?

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t blame Horgan for not being able to be a sub after being the star man for so long. But there is two options, play so well they have to bring you back in, or retire.

Heā€™s done neither, so he needs to stfu until his tell all autobiography, ā€œSongs for a Hoggy Boiā€

1 Like

Yep. Biggest cunt in the county and thereā€™s plenty strong rivals. Cancerous was how one panel member referred to him a while back.

Go onā€¦wasnā€™t he the fella over the minor AI winning team.

I actually havenā€™t ever noticed that, Lehane has been very inconsistent but itā€™s generally recognized that on his day heā€™s a potential match winner.
Any abuse heā€™d take in the likes of TFK is from those outside Cork, and thereā€™s a poster here who is very anti Midleton, I have it narrowed down to two but Iā€™m not sure which of them it is :grinning:

1 Like

Ah he gets dogs abuse in general here in whitegate. Iā€™d go so far as to say he is hated, same in cloyne.