Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Strong bench

The brother finally getting a go in goals

What is the likely team come championship lads?

PC

S. O’Donoghue E. Downey N. O’Leary

D. Cahalane C. Joyce T. O’Connell

??? B. Roche

??? S. Harnedy S. Barrett

??? P. Horgan S. Kingston

I could see all of Dalton/Power/Lehane starting but it’s hard to work out who and where.
Kingston is better off the bench but we are stuck for options. Cahalane/Cadogan/O’Connor have a half a chance as well; Hayes hasn’t impressed unfortunately. Dunno where Sean Twomey has gone.

No Robbie Flynn? He’ll surely be back.

Where is Tim O’Mahony?

On the morning of the meetings.

That one’s gone over my head, chief

No chance he’ll be back for start of championship.

Injured/I don’t rate him much.

1 Like
1 Like

Ah, very good.

I’d say your team is spot on. I wouldn’t be starting Kingston either but sin a bhfuil.

If Fitzgibbon is back he’s probably the other midfielder. If not, Meade. Conor Cahalane probably starts on the wing and then you’ve Lehane or Dalton for the other corner.

O Flynn and Connolly are big losses.

1 Like

I haven’t really been following the pattern of Ryan’s selections, and I know there have been injury concerns but I’d be surprised if Kingston was more than an impact sub under Ryan?

I presume there’ll be pressure to shoehorn Fitzgibbon in once he’s back, same with TOM.

Are Robbie O’Flynn & Connolly expected back for Championship, you’d imagine they’ll start if they are?

1 Like

Connolly is gone for the year is the word. Fitzgibbon back later than expected too. Robbie should be back after the first couple of rounds

1 Like

Connolly is gone, ROF is a few weeks away. ROF is an automatic starter, as is Connolly based on how he went last year. In saying that, he would need to improve his off the ball work rate massively.

Kingston is an impact sub if everyone is fit - I wouldn’t be shocked if Dalton starts in front of him if the latter shows some form over the next couple of games. Ryan is dying for a couple of forwards to put their hands up, but besides Barrett it hasn’t really happened.

What happened Connolly?

Injured, not sure what but gone for the year.

Long standing shoulder injury I believe.

Had to get surgery on a long term shoulder injury and the rehab is taking longer than first imagined.

1 Like

Christ if Dalton is the best Cork have to offer the red tide will be a while rising.