Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Who said yesterday that cork probably look class in training games against each other? I thought it was an astute observation. They have a moment just now where Horgan and Harnedy still have something to offer but they’ve missed it, and when those two move on they’ll have even bigger gaps to fill.

Yep, very astute

Horgan is done. And was done last year.

The tone from management is all wrong.

4 Likes

I think he could still be effective if he was playing in an effective team that was set up to carry him as a finisher. Forde has no pace but is a great hurler and has been effective at full forward and at 11. I see no reason why Horgan couldn’t be equally so. The one thing cork have buckets of is pace, which should be enough to cover Horgan if they want to carry him. They just don’t have anything else.

The way that cork team is playing no player looks good.

1 Like

There’s chicken and egg in that.
The fact of the matter is that until other counties start injecting the kids, they’ll get trampled on by Limerick.

You’re hurting, pal.

Accept your new Limerick overlords, it will be easier to take. Our reign of terror will be over in a few years.

3 Likes

Me. Basically the only players their game plan would work against is their own team

3 Likes

While it’s great to dream big, I’d focus on the Wexford’s of this world first pal before thinking about the big dog.

Cork just need to bring more simulation to their game.

1 Like

The way cork want the game reffed collins should have been sent off for swinging the hurley when he was turned over in the 1st half

2 Likes

Great observation.

Think Nash is fair here.

2 Likes

Can’t disagree

He has the makings of a quality analyst in fairness. Could be a very good coach too.

They need more Fraggy and less Rock.

Plus 7/8 players who actually want to wear the blood and bandage
Fuckers don’t know how privelaged they are
My old granda only got 7/8 outings with them
Runners up once
He’d have given his right ball to get a medal
Won loads of counties with the rockies but no big one
These cunts need to fuckin wake up

1 Like

Spot on again. His columns so far have been good. I forget why he used get such dogs abuse from @dodgy_keeper on here? Cork could seriously do with him back.

For that matter they could seriously do with a Mark Ellis and a Bill Cooper.

He should still be in goal for them

5 Likes

Yep. Couldn’t understand Cork “supporters” constantly blaming him for our puckout shit. That puckout shit is still there but Nash was mkre accurate than Collins. Nash was also a considerably better shot stopper IMO.

5 Likes

He certainly talks a decent game.

I was involved in a team against him as coach recently and he definitely had a few puckout ideas, keeper wasn’t executing them that well though.