Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Two very small half-backs plus Joyce has looked better up the pitch than in the half-back line so far. I’d have Downey at 6 and Cahalane at 7 and Joyce at midfield for Clare. Joyce can offer a lot in terms of physicality, ball-winning, running and long distance shooting from midfield.

Cadogan well entitled to have a go, himself and Cahalane never shied away or backed down imo, even though you can say they are limited hurlers.

Daniel Hogan injured for the U-20s, big loss. Darragh O’Sullivan is an upgrade in the corner but now two of last year’s Minors there. Cunningham is extremely lucky to start.

Anyone know if this is online?

They tried nobody new in the league really

Coukdnt agree more. You had situation for years of Nash popping it 15 yards to a corner back who was far less accurate in finding a man than what he was… And invariably ran it forward and ended up striking it under pressure

1 Like

On tg 4 YouTube

1 Like

Twomey and Keane I guess, in terms of that kind of ball winning role - neither have the running of the McCarthy’s of course.

Any old time mentor will tell you that the first line you sort out for a hurling team is the half-back line. If the team is at a good standard, the goalkeeper and freetaker should be a given. (Mind you, I am not too sure about the cork keeper either)

1 Like

How much meaningful game time did they get?
Two forwards as well. We need forwards but we need backs a lot more

How are we lads, sorry I haven’t been on since Sunday, fierce busy. Just a quick post to say that I feel really sorry about the state of Cork Hurling and my heart goes out to ye. The soft culture that was on show again from all and sundry in red on Sunday is a disease that looks like it’ll take a long time to get rid of. Donal O’Grady and his generals like Donal Óg have a hell of a lot to answer for.

7 Likes

Shouldn’t have skipped the Munster league.

Youd have to wonder will Cork ever do anything with any of the strike teams involved. I dont think Pat Ryan was one of them. Get him in.

What on earth was Kingston thinking making O’Sullivan one of his inner circle? The last guy you need or want when the game has gone so tactical.

I’d say he was roaring and bellowing in the dressing room before throw-in. Rather than going through the tactical nuances in minute detail.

1 Like

O’Sullivan is the kind of ignoramus that goes into the dressing room toilet & drops a big stinking shite before the match when the players are togging off, he doesn’t flush & the smell of his shite is wafting around dressing room turning everyones stomach. But he dosent care because he thinks he’s shit is ice-cream.

3 Likes

Layve it in long.

They need a Donal Og type bawling “We are Cork! We are Cork!” in the set up.

2 Likes

There was a lady, i assume a former camogie player, on talking about the Cork hurlers on offtheball this morning. Didn’t catch her name but by god did she have some amazing hot takes that the apes interviewing her just nodded along to. In the 45 seconds or so I listened to she maintained the following

• Scoring 30 points in a game is no good to anyone
  • They should look to score less and conceed less scores
  • Cork should be looking to win games in scorelines of 2-19 to 2-10
  • by conceding only 2-10 in a game they would expend far less energy than they currently do with their current game plan

If the likes of Tom Ryan or Babs came out with such shite they would be lampooned

9 Likes

Misogynist

What age was she?

1 Like