Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

Darragh Fives.

1 Like

There’s a sense in Waterford with each passing year that the Mullane sending off in 2004 Munster Final should have been challenged and they were very naive in accepting their medicine. You’ve only got to look at the ease with which red cards for striking offences in other counties were overturned to allow star players to play in All Ireland semi finals and finals.

Not sure who finances operations in Waterford. I believe the county board is still in bad shape financially. Don’t know if there are philantophists there to throw money at and finance all problems like they seem to have in the likes of Tipperary and Dublin. @Fagan_ODowd or @anon70480284 might be able to enlighten us on that.

The helmet opened itself

1 Like

Presumption of innocence. Following the intervention of Harry Kehoe earlier this week there’s no case to answer.

:smile:

We definitely left a final appearance behind us that year. Shane Sullivan wasn’t even a pale imitation of Mullane in the corner. But the thing people forget was that Mullane was facing a court case that Autumn and needed all the positive PR he could get because he had a real bad boy reputation up to the point and was looking at a stretch behind bars. As it happened he got buckets of positive PR for his principled stance and was subsequently acquitted by a jury of his peers in Waterford Courthouse. The DPP had unsuccessfully tried to have the trial moved to Kilkenny.

2 Likes

The helmet was open before the scrap with de Burca.

Something tells me Wexford will have this problem soon enough.

3 Likes

Great to see your clubman Ian O’Regan still forging a career as an inter-county hurler 13 years on from that 2004 semi final.

I’ve sent you a PM about that other business you
alluded to back around that time.

I didn’t get the pm.

You should have it now.

Derek has been making trips to London and NYC these past couple of seasons to raise funds, Davy and a couple of disasterous Jedward concerts a few years back put a serious dent in the coffers. I believe they are back in the black(ish) again but money wouldn’t be sloshing about the place.
Missing Mullane and throwing a rookie on goal that day really didn’t help, I remember Flynner having one of his best days in a Waterford jersey and took a 21 year old Tommy Walsh for 14 points…one that got away for sure

1 Like

I don’t think he took Tommy for 14. A good portion of them were frees.

Four (4) points from play.

That’s what I thought :roll_eyes:

8 frees, 6 from play - Tommy was cleaned out that day

1 Like

Labane is rarely wrong.

2004?

Sorry, Tommy cleaned out Flynner that day

:rollseyes: