Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

Maybe the Galway players might be thinking about the league quarter final when a largely second string Waterford side (with just 5 of last Sunday’s starting 15) outhurled a Galway side (with 14 of the 15 starters from the Tipperary semi final) for an hour and were leading by 8 points with just over 10 minutes to go.

Galway won that if memory serves

1 Like

Maybe they might.

They did. League form appears to be the basis of the Galway red hot favourtism all summer.

Beating Tipp in championship might have something to do with it

1 Like

If memory serves me correct, the Tipperary semi final was played six days into autumn on 6 August. You’re telling me that an anticipated victory over Tipperary on the first Sunday in August was the basis for Galway’s status as red hot favourites for the McCarthy Cup throughout the summer months of May, June and July.

More to do with Tipp’s collapse then Galway’s league form

More to do with Galway being the best side in the country, bookies aren’t as dumb as you might think

I agree that Galway are justified favourites.

I’m somewhat perplexed by the assertion though that notwithstanding a 7 point win over Kilkenny, a 4 point win over Wexford and an 11 point win over Cork, a line through the form guide of Waterford doesn’t inspire confidence.