Cork vs Waterford

The way they’ve been playing the last few years hasn’t quite worked. It will work against Cork - but McGrath needs to be looking at the bigger AI picture, which means getting goals, which means putting lads forward and keeping them there.

He has intimated that this was the plan for this year - but Sunday is about winning at any cost now… How will Cork over come a stacked defence?

I’m hoping for a performance something akin to the replayed semi last year. Waterford imo have the best hurlers in the country and it would be a fucking shame for them not to be let perform.
Having said all that, there is the weight of expectation on their shoulders this year more then ever. This may or may not result in McGrath revert g to type. If @Turenne suggests ( which is perfectly valid ) McGrath does revert to type, I’ll fucking stand outside their dressing room until the cunts collect enough money to give me my money back

Nevermind, Lehane still doubtful.

Setback for Cork as Lehane a major injury doubt ahead of Munster semi-final with Waterford.

A rollercoaster few hours for Lehane there

2 Likes

Lee-hane

Mind games.

1 Like

I saw him in the queue for KCs the other night, he was looking grand.

1 Like

Should never have cut off Dowlings supermacs

1 Like

I was listening to something on radio the other night and headed the American thriller writer referred to as Denis La-hain
Any more research done into the Midleton pronunciation or are we accepting the taxi driving fathers version? He really ought to know I suppose but I’ve seen worse disputed here.

I know people up that way who are friends with Conor and they pronounce it Le-Han
Just like in Waterford it’s Divine not Deveeen
It’s those fucking RTE commentators

We had about a hundred posts about it a few weeks ago, @Bandage spoiled it by getting the lads own father to pronounce it for him, as I said then in Cork City it’s most definitely Lee-haane

I remember those posts but it started to give me a headache

It should be a great game Munster hurling and I think winners will be very hard to stop

Does this mean that the winners will beat Clare?

Not what I said bud not at all

Got ya, Clare will win but they’ll make very hard work of it?

1 Like

Waterford are going into this as low key as I ever remember a Waterford team going into the championship, I think they’ve a great opportunity this year, please god they’ll go and live it

I expect the standard of hurling to be 100 Per cent better then clare and limerick @Fagan_ODowd

I’ve never heard it pounced with anything other than a strong ah sound, not an ai sound.