Cork weirdo/sicko thread

Ya drug apologist Rob is way worse

typical cork wankers, they don’t be long claiming foreigners like John Halpin when it suits them

Very unfair to include prenderville in the same conversation as that racist cheating PED apologist heffernan.
All he did was have a cheeky wank.

1 Like

I’m very excited by my most recent purchase, a feast of nostalgia I’d say

1 Like

Dave Hannigan is a fantastic journalist with only the one obvious blind spot

14 year old girls?

8 Likes

No

I do like Dave, this book has everything, and by everything I mean growing up in Cork in the 80s,
His biography of Terence McSwiney was one of the most accessible history books I’ve read.
What’s his blind spot mate?

He despises rugby with a great passion

I’m warming to this Dave character tell me more

10 Likes

Sounds like a top bloke. Must check out his previous works.

3 Likes

Market Lane was delightful

Cheers @ChocolateMice

4 Likes

FOTF status for Dave, despite that UUCOAM Matt Cooper doing the foreword

He is fantastic

1 Like

The intro, his kids were bored

4 Likes

Jesus can you imagine trying to explain 70-80’s Togher to 2 kids from NYC :joy:

1 Like

“The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there”

1 Like

It didn’t take the Nigerian long for the cork deviancy to rub off on him the dirty bastard

@ChocolateMice / @caoimhaoin heading to Cork for a night in the next few weeks.

Anywhere good in the City Centre worth seeing during the day (Saturday) that’s a different to the usual English Market etc?
Plan for grub is to eat early in Elbow Lane and then tip on somewhere to watch the Ireland match, any particularly good places to watch the match or avoid in the general Oliver Plunkett St area? Best spot then for maybe a band or good music after that, no interest in a nightclub.

Cork city is short on attractions — Great city for strolling around enjoying the buzz/ shops/ food/ pubs but attractions of historic value are short… Spike Island too out of the way and time line would be off.

Cork City Goal might be worth a visit.

No idea on watching sport in the City cc @gilgamboa @backinatracksuit — what kind of music? Crane Lane might be worth a shot late as it has a mix of bar/ outside court yard/ club/ and live music venue all going on at the same time. You’d have trad in An Spailpin Fanac and Sin E… Tres Hombres are a good blues type band playing in Coughlans - small bit out of the City and a bit hipster I think.

Edit - @TreatyStones -Crane Lane is free in and late venue.

1 Like