Cork weirdo/sicko thread

What am I, her minder? Drop her a message there on twitter and find out.

1 Like

The Carkies love their royals

Where did they rent all the school kids from? Local prod schools? cc @Locke - very embarrassing. I’m all for welcoming dignitaries but you wouldnt have a rent a crowd for many other low level dignitaries such as Charles Windsor.

1 Like

Where’s a good spot for someone in their 40s to head for pint? (Early 40s!) Not an “auld mans’s bar” as such, but somewhere a bit alternative. Not one of these standard cover band joints, with Wagon Wheel and the dyed blonde hair assembly line footballers wives ladies…

1 Like

Drop into scrypt cafe in the triskel centre for a nice lunch and a great, great cup of coffee… You can also sample some beers post lunch. Tip next door to an spailpin fanach and hang around if you want trad music later.

But your best bet is probably Mutton lane and Arthur Mayne’s — you can get tapas in Mayne’s if you like that kind of thing.

I always enjoy a pint in An Bodhran - you’ll get a very random crowd in there but it’s a no nonsense, no frills type of pub but has a jukebox!! Could be dead, could be wedged.

Sine E is a grand spot too but it’s been a while since I was there.

Sound!

Also … Market Lane have a bar section at top of restaurant … I’m not saying tip in for the night, but they brew their own stuff if you’re into that type of thing and would recommend dropping in for 1. Good for food also.

Is the Hi B still going?

I’d be fond of there and Callanans

No idea.

I can tell you I will be meeting Charlie later on and it’s even a possibility i’ll be having dinner with him. Apparently the security men are doing checks on a list of people to be there at my friends restaurant

4 Likes

That’s nothing to be boasting about.

@anon61956325, this is your in. Assume his identity and strike for your people.

I am not boasting, it’s a quirk of a funny chain of events that have happened today and me going to my missus place on a thurs night

What’s funny is I might be struck off list and they will just not give any explanation

How do I explain that?:joy::joy::joy:

Bring me out a galss of water. I’ll be protesting with the Cork Friends of Ballymurphy while you’re mingling with the hob knobs

:eek:

So they’re doing a background check on Kev.

They’ll be onto us within the hour.

ENACT ORDER 66. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

This weirdo out again

Why are people getting a horn over Char-les?

its the royalist county

Cork people associate very strongly with the Queen and the monarchy. Always have, always will.