Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

In Rochdale? Gregg’s is the best restaurant in the place.

3 Likes

i knew rochdale was an awful kip, up with bradford. didnt know it was that bad

It’s worse than Bradford mate.
Despite this, the staff we employ(ed) are amongst the nicest and kindest people I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting.
We gave them all a fifty quid voucher for the Christmas, and the gratitude was humiliating.

4 Likes

O’Neills have temporarily laid off 750 workers in Strabane. That’s a massive blow to that area.

I have relations there and it’s the grimmest place I’ve been to.

It’s like Oldham only its down in a ditch.
Ashton is worse though. The worst.

Birmingham is the ugliest place I’ve ever been.

The people are lovely but it’s fair grim

2 Likes

There was a lot of Irish in Rochdale back in the day. All dying off now. Funerals is the only time I go there now

1 Like

I like Birmingham. It’s like the Amalfi coast compared to Ashton or Rochdale

2 Likes

I meet an odd one. It’s sad. In may ways the one very bright light that came out of the Celtic tiger was the cessation of forced economic migration.
I’ve done great in the UK by most measures, but I wish I’d never left.

1 Like

Birmingham isn’t that bad. Some awful kippy parts, the old Bullring was a shithole, but more canals than Amsterdam, famously. Around Bourneville is nicer than anywhere in Dublin.

Was over last year buying a car and ended up in Oldham. Christ almighty, what a dive, it would make the likes of Tipp Town and Athy appear habitable.

Bournville is kept in a lovely condition by the Quakers. No pubs allowed.

There’s going to be a Holocaust of the elderly in tan land

1 Like

bolton has gone to the dogs altogether as well.

but you do get some very decent northerners and those that work, work bloody hard.

I think their only hope is that no Europeans ever go into the north of England, there probably more Europeans in Japan, so that might slow its spread and maybe the lockdown will come in time. Maybe

Italian news reporting group of young flight attendant trainees quarantined in Dublin til March 26. Came on March 7. One got sick during stay & taken to hospital . Of 17 tested 15 had Corona.

1 Like

[quote=“flattythehurdler, post:23, topic:30759”]
…It’s worse than Bradford mate
[/quote]Bradford is the worst place in Britain. No where else comes close

[quote=“Tassotti, post:38, topic:30759, full:true”]

Stoke, Stoke comes very close.

1 Like

Head of Germany’s Robert Koch Institute says the number of coronavirus cases in the country has risen by 2,958 to 13,957 overnight.

:scream: WTF