Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

Because they’re bat atein’ cunts. That’s why.

I think you’re reading it wrong. Now maybe people died for another reason, but the average is 1900 extra deaths in Oct-Dec 2019 than prior two years. Remember this was officially (via CCP and WHO) not a problem until January 25, 2020 when they had reported a total of 56 deaths, and they still said it wasn’t transmitted easily. It is quite possible they had at least 1-2K deaths in December and who the fuck knows how many in January.

There are other possibilities, maybe it was a really bad flu season for example.

Fine wines do on the ballysimon road if its still open.

Mid may is the peak

How many people a day would have died in Italy normally? Thats an important enough number for context but we never hear a mention of it.

Link?

10 per 1000 inhabitants

Globally 3,287 people a day die in car accidents

Ah lads… Is there nothing to be done? Back up to 1000 deaths.

What is?

Interesting. Was the 2nd highest death rate (after Germany) pre Covid. What id like to understand is how many incremental deaths there is now i.e. if there was 600 a day dying is it now 1600…or is it 1000

Fucking unbelievably tragic stuff either way

Italy…

I cannot understand how Italy death toll is rising like it is. The country is under complete lockdown and quarantine. There can be no travel related transmissions, community transmissions must be minimal. Household transmissions possibly but would incubation periods have surely passed since they enacted the lockdown. I know the north of the country is end of days stuff but has this spilled over to the rest of the country?

Looks like 1600 a day died before this

1 Like

302 new cases and 3 deaths just announced.

59 in ICU

It’s beginning.

What is bro?

the end.

Nah. You’re grand.