Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Invermectin and vitamin d. Would see this reduced to something we wouldn’t normally pay any heed to.

They don’t want it to go away mate

We are at a tipping point with this thing.

The virus goes away in the spring and summer, that’s clear at this stage. Let’s stop the madness ffs.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wait till oz and nz are riddle again.

I am not as optimistic as you are, and I’m pretty optimistic.

I don’t think it will go away any time soon, certainly not in 2021. But I hope that once our parents, relatives, neighbours and friends over the age of 60 are vaccinated, that we can start to open up again and manage this thing.

How does it go away? It seems clear by now that once we open things up and people start mixing then cases shoot up again. It’s a cycle.

No need. Very positive signs elsewhere on what the vaccine is doing.

All of the maxims from Governments from the early days seem to have been thrown out the window. They have so much more data, so much more understanding, vaccines and a whole host of other things but seem more panicked than ever. The public were panicked first time out, some Governments seem to be panicking now. I know some of it is corralling fear but the comments on travel in the U.K. and here are genuinely insane. We have so much of our economies and livelihoods tied up in it but are throwing out insane statements on it.

8 Likes

Need to let it rip in the spring and summer, with a few sensible measures

We should have ripped up last summer

1 Like

We literally lived through this last summer.

The virus didn’t go away because of our deadly surveillance and contact tracing. It went away because it was the summer.

Apparently the new variant will be different now. What was it, 0.0003% more deadly to over 60s?

4 Likes

Madness. Clean effing madness. A nation enthralled to 350 a week and a tawny toothed scientist

NPHET and the medical professionals seem to be motivated by ensuring the hospital system is not being over-run.

If by July, the over 60’s are vaccinated, and pubs, restaurants, sports, retail open up, what would happen if the number of cases went back up to over 1,000 a day, but no significant numbers required admission to hospital.

The government might try to live with this.

3 Likes

Our coalition government won’t take an independent path or make any move ahead of the pack. NPHET appears to have a much stronger presence that the equivalent in other countries. Rte facilitated that.

We will trail what happens in our western eu neighbours.

I go out to work and meet people. I am well sick of things now. I don’t know how the WFH crowd get by

7 Likes

That’s an interesting question. Is the Tony holohan equivalent in other countries as famous as our CMO? Who’s the English one?

Chris Whittey?

Heard the name alright. Is the polish one well known?

With the current rapid resurgence of the disease in many countries in Europe there is an added curiosity about what New Zealand did and whether it might work elsewhere. The elimination strategy is described by Professor McKee as the least worst option for many jurisdictions, particularly in light of new variants of the disease.

But is it too late for countries which have been trying to find ways to live with Covid to now look at a strategy of eliminating it?

Professor McKee believes it is not too late, pointing to the example of the state of Victoria in Australia which had at one point very high rates, but drove them down and kept them down. It is, Professor McKee said, perfectly possible to do if there is the will to do it.

If course our shit show of an excuse for a government wouldn’t dream of shutting our borders

I had another watch of that there

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like