Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

Michael Cawley told ⁦@Independent_ie⁩ it’s ok because he’ll also take two staycations in Sept/Oct.

Can’t say fairer than that.

1 Like

Curtain twitchers are the issue

A huge push to promote Staycations but the head of Irish tourism then decides to head off abroad. If anyone can’t see how terrible the optics are then that’s their issue.

Yeah, he’s not doing anything illegal but whether stupidity, ignorance, arrogance or a combination of all three… it’s still morally wrong. Plenty of people have foregone foreign holidays so it’s not much to expect the head of the tourist board to do the same.

2 Likes

Is it essential travel? I was under the impression it was a holiday.

I had a look there - it’s the chairman Michael Cawley (ex-Ryanair). I heard him speak a couple of years back - impressive guy and no mug.

The optics on this are terrible though.

I didn’t realise an auld holiday was essential travel. This is great, I’m breaking lockdown and fucking off to Killarney for a few days so.

I’ve just cancelled Glenbeigh and I’ve booked Lake Garda now instead.

1 Like

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that the head of tourism for Ireland might have some business in Italy and conveniently decide to visit a spot or two?

I’m going to Italy in September assuming it’s still on the green list.

Lads here too concerned with “optics”

Where you go on your holidays is none of the government’s business

You reckon he’s going to meet a hape of Italians and encourage them to come to Ireland? That’s even fucking worse.

Doing his job?

His job is to go in person and convince foreigners one to one to come to Ireland?

A clerical officer could do that :laughing:

You try very hard you misfortune

Eh you’re the one trying here, we’re merely picking holes in your attempts. I wonder how this goes in a social distancing environment, is he going around Lake Garda in a Sandwich Board?

Who’s we?

Absolutely not, although it’s odd timing, but it would seem even he’s not claiming it as a business trip.

The collective

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy

1 Like

You’ve put yourself forward as spokesperson have you?

We are all spokesmen

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy

Jaysus you’d think he would schedule a sit down with his italian counterpart and offset the twitchers