Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

Dublin is still low per head of population I’d say. Kildare in contrast to their performances in gaelic football are punching above their weight.

Carlow is fucked

Good ol Coilin

Everyone being admitted to hospital is tested for Covid, that’s why you get these big figures for those in hospital waiting for results.

1 Like

We are down to just 2 deaths for this week. No surge in that area looks to be forthcoming given the surge in cases is well over two weeks old.

Maybe give it another week/fortnight with existing rules but I don’t see how extra restrictions would be contemplated with the death rate/hospitalised rate so low.

More people have died on their bicycle than this thing in the last fortnight ffs

5 Likes

His compensation as a non exec with Ryanair will keep him whole.

Would be comical if he flew with another carrier, he’s a smart cookie all the same.

Clearly not that smart

if cases are at 40 to 50 each day with no deaths what happens then?

The midlands must be very dirty.

The real kicker now is what happens after schools open.

Herd immunity

Being Chairman of BF is him doing the State a favour and “prestige”. NEDs get 15k and maybe 20k for Chairpersons of semi state/Govt companies.

1 Like
2 Likes

Kildare is riddled.

Betty on Facebook was telling everyone in Tipp to stay at home today.

1 Like

Fáilte Ireland chairman Michael Cawley resigned after being told by the Government that his position was untenable following revelations that he is on holiday in Italy.

Mr Cawley resigned during a “frank” mid-morning telephone phone call with Tourism Minister Catherine Martin, where she informed the former Ryanair deputy chief executive of her view that his position was no longer tenable. Mr Cawley did not put up any resistance and tendered his resignation.

Taoiseach Micheál Martin was kept informed of events and was contacted by Ms Martin, the Green Party deputy leader, to be told of Mr Cawley’s resignation just minutes after the Fáilte Ireland chairman ‘fell on his sword’.

It never fails to amaze me how the sense of entitlement in some people particularly in semi state and public service roles let’s them think they can carry out the most ridiculous of actions and get away with it

1 Like

Sure look at @glasagusban , he’s already developing that mindset. He could see nothing wrong with Cawleys actions.

3 Likes

Optics aren’t great but this is a storm in a teacup. A lot of people missing the fact that this guy was the part time chairman and was actually doing the state a favour by giving his time to the role. I suspect he’ll fill his spare time with far more profitable work.

It would certainly put one off giving anything back by getting involved with any semi state.

7 Likes