Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

430 cases

Zero deaths

212 cases are in Dublin, 54 in Cork, 23 in Donegal, 23 in Galway, 16 in Louth, 15 in Monaghan, 12 in Clare, 12 in Meath, 9 in Cavan, 8 in Roscommon, 7 in Wicklow, 6 in Limerick, 5 in Kildare, 5 in Tipperary with the remaining 23 cases in 9 counties.

Time to give Cork a bit of tough love.

I’d say a gathering is probably something that you’d arrange a week or so in advance, - like a dinner party, or a wake.

1 Like

Waterford should be given a walkover in the Munster semi final. It’s not safe to mix with Cork people at the moment.

Come home @Thomas_Brady

1 Like

Understood, so a gathering of visitors is acceptable if planned in advance.

Cork play non contact hurling so Waterford should be ok.

12 Likes

I can see how a committee would come to such a conclusion. Best not to send out invitations to the wake too far in advance mind.

1 Like

If everyone was to travel off peak hours then they would become the peak and the peak would become the off peak hours.

The pubs have managed to get to level 4 already

Third wave coming after this second wave. Fear

Stand back in slack jawed wonder as the experts count to 5

1 Like

I’m starting to really pine for an end to all this. Assuming some genius somewhere hasn’t already got a vaccine and has 7 billion of them ready to go in the warehouse, this virus will probably linger around for a few years until herd immunity (through a vaccine or “natural” antibodies) is achieved.

However, I feel the return to normality will come sooner, and will occur through society gradually opening up, through fatigue of restrictions and when the cost of the restrictions outweighs what good they are doing.

3 Likes

I hope so I miss my old life

Me too. It’s very unlikely there’ll be much of a normal Christmas this year.

1 Like

Politicians can’t risk covid going away quietly without it being a result of their measures/locksowns/interventions.
We’ll all have to fuck around with their tomfoolery until they’ve been proven right

2 Likes

It’s tough going alright. I think when it all started we thought well 2020 is probably a write off but hopefully we’ll be back to normal by early 2021. Looks increasingly like these bloody restrictions may well be in place well into next year as well and perhaps beyond. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

Keep the head up bro, you’ve been a beacon of cop on throughout this thing. Those insisting on profiteering off this will rot in hell.

Wait till a vaccine comes out and then we’ll see true profiteering

No it does not. Hopefully someone will shout stop but it looks like our politicians are doubling down on restrictions. Sure they can use McDonkey’s predictions and tell us they’ve saved 118,000 lives