Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

The restrictions in Dublin are working a treat

Where will they blame if they cannot blame restaurants.

No mention of Level 1 for any county either.

The government will blame itself and resign

A good few of them are back in campus/college accommodation so it could spread easily enough through house parties.

Ban alcohol

1 Like

Are you sure he mentioned Limerick as one of the counties staring at level 3 restrictions? Yesterday he was praising Limericks numbers.

“There have been no further deaths and 390 new cases of coronavirus in Ireland, the Department of Health has announced.

There have now been a total of 35,377 cases and 1,802 deaths in the country.

There have been 209 cases in Dublin, 27 in Cork, 22 in Donegal, 21 in Galway and 14 in Kildare, 14 in Monaghan, 7 Roscommon, 7 in Tipperary, 7 Waterford, 7 in Wexford, 6 in Limerick, 6 in Longford, 5 in Laois, 5 in Meath, 5 in Offaly, 5 in Sligo.

The news comes as health chiefs are considering on moving Wicklow, Clare, Galway, Cork and Limerick to Level 3.“

The article on the journal doesn’t mention limerick at all just the other four :man_shrugging:

@Copper_pipe what is this nonsense 14 day case number looking like now?

1 Like

Limericks numbers are spectacular the last two weeks, what the fuck are they on about? Yesterday they expressly praised limerick.

Can they double close the pubs?

Making it up on the hoof. A total mess.

In fairness you wouldn’t expect to see any benefit from the restrictions in Dublin until next week.

Going by this we’re doing mighty

Really? Is this not day 9?

It is indeed, but you wouldn’t expect the numbers to start coming down for two weeks.

I don’t expect the numbers to come down but that’s not the point.

They were locking down Limerick and Tipp a few weeks ago. Fuck all changed in either and yet hey presto numbers went down

I don’t either.

I’d have thought all those people who were probably getting it in restaurants but we can’t be sure and can’t be arsed finding out (cc Philip Nolan) would have noticeably dropped off.

The concerted campaign trying to capture the youth has been cringe in the extreme.

If they hadn’t spent the summer overegging the risk of standing in the likes of Dame Lane having an outdoor drink, maybe they’d still be listening.

1 Like