Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

you’d miss @Joe_Player and his cards. @iron_mike deserves the red and a long suspension after that indiscretion.

Verona Murphy in the back of a taxi?

2 Likes

What’s this ?

We’ve dropped to 22nd on the deaths per 100k charts :clap:
Fellas were saying this was a really important metric when we were further up it, so I’m sure they’ll acknowledge what a good job we’ve done since.

3 Likes

you dirty, dirty man…

1 Like

22nd on the ECDC charts?

Ok lads, I have the inside scoop on NPHET. Archbishop Holohan has already decided the the schools will get an extra-long mid-term and the whole country will move to Level 5 for its duration. The government hasn’t decided this yet but the Archbishop already has, privately.

The Archbishop knows that he will face intensive questioning from TFK because this undermines his previous advice that there are no transmissions amongst kids in schools, He’s already getting ready his explanations for this obvious line of questioning.

Archbishop Holohan is going to stick by his claim that there are statistically very few outbreaks in schools. He’s going to give the example of the kid who got infected because he changed desks as an example of how infections only occur when people don’t follow the system. Of course TFK know the reason that there are so few clusters in schools is because the government refuse to test for them. Pure Trump tactics.

The Archbishop is seriously considering giving the line that the transmissions are all occurring straight from kids to parents at the school gate. Because when the kids step outside the magical forcefield of the school then transmissions can occur again.

Now that’s obviously an absurd explanation but it’s “doctrinally sound” within the Catechism of the HSE so he’d be happy to go with it and the Archbishop’s faithful, who now make up the majority of the population, would accept it.

However this explanation poses an extra question: If the transmissions in schools are all happening directly from students to the parents in other families once the students step outside the sanctity of the school gate, why then will kids also be subject to the Stage 5 lockdown during midterm? Why won’t they be allowed to play outside? This contradiction is sufficient to risk causing a crisis of faith for some of the keener minds in the Archbishop’s flock.

This question is still posing the Archbishop some difficult and Ireland is very fortunate that it has some of the greatest theologians on earth to approach this metaphysical conundrum. One solution that the Archbishop is closely considering is to say that kids and students will have to respect the Stage 5 lockdown and not leave their homes because it would be “social apartheid”. In other words, why should children be allowed to play around outside in the autumn air, stamp in the leaves, play with conkers and so on when old people aren’t allowed to do the same?

It’s very important to be respectful of these people’s beliefs and I’m eagerly awaiting the Archbishop’s decision.

5 Likes

Do I really have to put you on mute?

I put the iron into the mike :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

are you gay now?

wold explain the chocolate fixzation :smiley:

1 Like

What causes that backlog?

Well I do have 3 sacks

:smiley:

suely it must be near the time when you sit on the throne again rather than changing the bag?

Looking like the end of the month Art. I’ve been on to Armitage Shanks. They’re building a heavy duty throne for me cos it won’t be pretty

1 Like

Telpis

I think it’s a delay on the result being notified to the HSE but I’m not 100% sure tbh.

The 65-79s would want to cut out the house parties

4 Likes

Don’t forget the role Mickey Mouse played too.

1 Like

They’re just milking the coverage they get. If you had after effects of a flu nobody will pay attention to you.

1 Like