Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

What is this figure you release every day copper? Is it related to the following days Tony hoolahan 5pm figures?

Robin says itā€™s a grave sih yay ation

1 Like

Itā€™s positive test results in the previous 24 hours, but they are not necessarily all new cases.

The positivity rate has trebled in less than 2 weeks

How would positive tests differ from new cases?

Someone who is already a confirmed case may be getting retested to see if they still have the virus

2 Likes

Still a backlog on positive tests compared to confirmed daily cases.

1 Like

We used to have a season ticket to Wisla Krakow. Heā€™d be a big Klopp fan since he met him at Dortmund when his club went on a trip there. You know the rest yourself.

2 Likes

Young fella says that there isnā€™t much difference in the new one.

There hasnā€™t been in years. A sham

Real buzz around Dublin this afternoon. Lots of al fresco dining and drinking.

Of course it is unseasonably mild. And dry.

1 Like

The meath cases have surged now.

Good of Sam to give an interview to the media on his day off from work.

5 Likes

Look at the cases vs positive swab numbers over the last 5 days I make out the backlog to be 570.

Sounds very liberated for a police state

2 Likes

Itā€™s kinda sad people still listen to him

I reckon itā€™ll be 843 this evening

Sandymount village and strand are as busy as any regular nice autumn day.

I drove through coleraine a while ago, utterly desolate, a frigid wind scattering litter, a straggle of locals out shopping in their rangers and liverpool gear, probably for more rangers and liverpool gear, the river bann looked like it couldnā€™t wait to get through the town and out to the Atlantic. Pure misery, business as usual though.

15 Likes

Thatā€™s great. Every hospitality premises in the country shut or as good as but the vat is down to 9%

13 Likes