Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Today will be looked back on much like the day of the bank guarantee and people will ask what the fuck were they thinking. Lock up 5 million people because thereā€™s 34 people in ICU and sacrifice the poor and the young to extend the lives of very old and very sick people. It is utter insanity.

27 Likes

And when it ends, and cases go back up, I wonder what the plan will be thenā€¦

4 Likes

Mckonkey and killeen will be on later to say there will be 50k dead without them

4 Likes

do ye realise what they are doing to ye lads? this is exactly it, they are fucking destroying Ireland

What purpose does this serve? Is this for real

it wonā€™t deter people from buying booze. All that one will do is increase the likelihood of there being more people in the shop because they have a smaller time window to do it in.

This is like the time RTE said McDonalds will close its doors for six weeks tomorrow on the 6.01 news and every simpleton in the country went for a drive through the next day

Every simpleton in the country will be in the booze shop at 7.55 tonight with crates of beer/vodka/moonshine

2 Likes

Get fellas to start drinking earlier

2 Likes

Some very intelligent people did too though

When the country needed men like you, you walked out on us.

indubitably

Well this is a great idea. Shut everything down for 6 weeks then open back up and the exact same thing will happen again. Weā€™ll be back in lockdown by the end of February.

1 Like

unreal leadership

I believe thereā€™s going to be a vaccine any day now.

Considering our attempts at testing and the flu vaccine I donā€™t have high hopes for that.

The MNCā€™s are gonna save us.

My sources in croke park tell me the gaa will be allowed continue.

1 Like

Horse racing to continue to keep the publics morale up

3 Likes

I hear that govt will ask internet providers to switch off their services at 9pm, and that it will be ā€œlights outā€ across the country at 930pm and everyone must be under the bed at 10pm

17 Likes

Is your source The Irish Times?