Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Best wishes with all that .

If it makes you feel any better ā€¦ some day, every single star in our universe will die. That means even if we some how manage to colonize another planet or find other intelligent alien life - it doesnt matterā€¦Nothing matters - every single living thing in our universe will die and only darkness will exist in its place.

3 Likes

Era thanks lad. I hadnā€™t trump towers but Iā€™d hate to have to go back to 9 to 5 working for the man

My star might shine short but I want my daughters to shine brightest

2 Likes

She will kidā€¦ And sheā€™ll look after you when youā€™re old

cc @Bandage

2 Likes

More likely to anyway than a young lad :grin:

1 Like

Era look, Iā€™m not looking for pity. The wheel doesnā€™t be long about turning if youā€™ve your shoulder to it is all Iā€™m saying.

1 Like

Worst case - you go 9-5 again for a while and then start your own thing on the side ā€¦ fuck em all kid. Take no shit from the @Horseboxā€™s of this world

2 Likes

Good man. Keep her lit.

1 Like

Theres been many worse, worst cases kid. Weā€™ve it good

No answer yet, so let me give you a bit of help. The PCR test is not for use in diagnostic procedures, and thatā€™s straight from one of the manufacturers of PCR test kit elements.

According to the CDC: ā€œDetection of viral RNA may not indicate the presence of infectious virus or that 2019-nCoV is the causative agent for clinical symptoms.ā€ This means that a positive test does not guarantee that the coronavirus is causing the infection. (https://www.fda.gov/media/134922/download - Pg.38)

According to the WHO laboratory testing guidance for 2019-nCOV in humans: ā€œSeveral assays that detect the 2019-nCoV have been and are currently under development, both in-house and commercially. Some assays may detect only the novel virus and some may also detect other strains (e.g. SARS-CoV) that are genetically similar.ā€ This means that some PCR tests register positive results for types of coronavirus that have nothing to do with Covid-19. One such example could be the coronavirus that causes a cold. (https://web.archive.org/web/20200331021812/http://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/laboratory-guidance - the WHO decided to pull the original link, so thankfully the Internet never forgets.)

The WHOā€™s guidance, above, also states: ā€œProtocol use limitations: Optional clinical specimens for testing has [have] not yet been validated.ā€ In other words, ā€œwe havenā€™t a fucking clue what tissue samples to take from a patient in order for the PCR test to have any validity.ā€

Is it worth mentioning that the test can give false positives if the patient has non-specific interference of Influenza A Virus (H1N1), Influenza B Virus (Yamagata), Respiratory Syncytial Virus (type B), Respiratory Adenovirus (type 3, type 7), Parainfluenza Virus (type 2), Mycoplasma Pneumoniae, Chlamydia Pneumoniae, etc.?

Should I continue? Thereā€™s more you know.

So, as I asked you before: what do you mean by positive? Instead of spouting meaningless numbers like a spambot, maybe think about what youā€™re typing.

1 Like

Hey hey, youā€™ve raised a very interesting point here but CopperPipe has been a very good contributor to this thread. Itā€™s not his fault if the HSE canā€™t even get a test that works, heā€™s entitled to give us the HSE figures.

Heā€™s correct, they were using refrigerated trucks to store bodies in April when the death rate was at itā€™s peak. NYC had 500-600 dying a day for the first two weeks of April.

1 Like

Maybe so, but heā€™ll need to put a big fat asterisk next to ā€œpositiveā€ in future.

Donā€™t shoot the messenger mate.

The message is nonsense.

Youā€™re 100% correct. But the mandating of face coverings has been a fantastic little piece of jiggery-pokery. The government has managed to convince Mick the Muldoon that a little cloth face mask (even ones with SJW-type messages) will stop the spread of an airborne virus like Covid-19. Nevermind the fact that microscopic respiratory droplets containing Covid-19 can be inhaled at up to several meters.

No doubt, some ape will be along to spout some junk science about transmission via larger respiratory droplets. :laughing:

Weā€™re at a tipping point and I donā€™t need to tell anyone that the next two weeks are crucial here

Boris Johnson to address Commons as UK braces for ā€˜tough six monthsā€™ https://jrnl.ie/5210972

I thought Ireland was the only country still taking this seriously.

Iā€™d never heard of this lad