Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

this is the one that gets young people, shit just got real

The choppers are in the air and we’re about to be rescued. No need to eat each other lads. Hold firm to fuck.

I know of one pub closed because most of the staff caught it (only one is sick with flu like symptoms). The pub would be frequented by a lot of people who would have travelled home for Christmas.

where did they come from?

The SA variant is not causing more serious symptoms. Lads need to calm down. Optimum mutation for a virus is to be more infectious and less dangerous.

They would mostly have travelled from the UK. Others would have travelled from mainland Europe.

Bloody South africans and the rugby set are inviting them over for a new competition again. First it was the italians in March now this @myboyblue

Kerry.

But but but, cases, cases, cases.

It’s all about the cases.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure about that

Is there a good graph or stats of the hospitalisations icu admissions and deaths over last few months,?

@Copper_pipe is your man for that.

Look, even if the SA strain affects us as badly as the current strain affects 80 year olds, we still only have a 1 in 5 chance of dying. It’s not that bad.

My mate said that he’s seen the preprint data for the predicted increase binding to the ace receptor for cell entry from the London strain. He says the pcr tests and genome sequences in the sampling data show an increased viral load and as you know an increased viral load for Covid19 might make people sicker. Don’t forget there was a 2nd more lethal strain of Spanish flu. We’re fucked.

I’m about to watch Die Hard.

1 Like

I’ll tell you what though, I’m very glad I went to all those Covid parties. That might be my best chance.

Cases in both Poland and Ireland rose in the time after your little holiday

1 Like

Barry is a great fella

7 Likes

The world is gone mad when journalists try and victim blame a lad who has caught a virus

1 Like