COTY Cunt Of the Year 2020 - Nomination Thread

Wait, are we claiming Bradley as Irish here? Is this not as bad as what he done?

Oh shite. I forgot it’s Irish only. Deleting original post. Gonna take a time out from TFK

1 Like

We can do that?

1 Like

Sir Bradley is from Kilburn, he must be one of us ?

1 Like

A lad in London told me there is now no Irish pub in Kilburn . Is that so ??

I’ve met many in Kilburn who wouldnt care much for the micks.

You can check out any time you like
But you can never leeeeeave

Cricklewood and Kilburn have very little signs of Irishness these days. Identikit British high streets dominated by fried chicken emporiums and vape shops

1 Like

Camden is the same, it stopped being Irish long before the other two

1 Like

The Kingdom bar in Kilburn is surely still going.

I think it is gone . Christy is dead with 4 years or so

I haven’t been in kilburn since the early 90s, I wouldn’t have a clue anymore. Back in those days on kilburn high road one side of the road had different licesning laws on Sunday to the other. It was gas to see Mick cross the road in droves at 10pm on a Sunday

The Crown in Cricklewood was a god forsaken hellhole. I can still nearly taste the rancid Castlemaine 4X. What was the one in Kilburn, Molly Malones or something like that?

1 Like

Barrett’s on Cricklewood high road is probably the last Irish premises standing. I walked from Quex Road to the top of Cricklewood last year for a reminisce and the whole stretch is depressing

1 Like

The Galtymore in Cricklewood was some dive. I witnessed Philomena Begley put away whisky there one time like you wouldn’t believe

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be overly nostalgic about a lot of these “irish” pubs in London . An awful lot of then were very depressing places.

2 Likes

They were, they were authentically Irish though unlike the generic yellow pack Irish pub industry nowadays. The park tavern in Finsbury Park, duke of Edinburgh on Holloway road and archway tavern were all great spots. All Irish owned but without a twee Irish name.
The showband singers and mayo footballers were gods

2 Likes

My Friday night routine of pool and a few bottles of Smirnoff Mule in the Cricklewood Hotel before tipping across to Ashton’s for brandy and 80s disco. Glory days

Biddy Mulligans Fagan.

1 Like

The Celtic tiger and the Eastern European builders put an end to that culture

1 Like