Irish COTY19: Cunt of the Year Log Thread 2019

I didnā€™t yet express an opinion on him either way.

Very bigoted and intolerant outlook.

I suppose some people tolerate enslavement of thousands of women, abduction of thousands of babies and physical and sexual abuse of thousands of children; and covering it up. And some people donā€™t.

1 Like

So practising Catholics all endorse any wrong ever committed by one of its members?

As I said, itā€™s a comment that comes across as hate speech against Catholics. As a practising Catholic I find those sort of comments as unnecessary and misguided but if thatā€™s the sort of rhetoric you want to share then thatā€™s your choice - people can make their own minds up.

1 Like

Its definitely hate speech against a woman exercising her right to wear what she likes.

I never said that you did. It would be great if you could condemn the enslavement of thousands of women, abduction of thousands of babies and physical and sexual abuse of thousands of children; and itā€™s cover up, all committed by the Catholic church.

You are pilloring every Catholic in your wild generalisations. Itā€™s very bigoted, there were acts committed by members of the church which were deeply wrong and these acts and cover ups happened across many powerful institutions in this country.

1 Like

The same Ireland that is the only country in the world to have voted in same sex marriage by referendum?

What attracts you to Catholicism mate?

So you do condemn the enslavement of thousands of women, abduction of thousands of babies and physical and sexual abuse of thousands of children and itā€™s cover up by the Catholic church?

Whatā€™s that got to do with anything? Government should have just legislated for that by the way.

It shows that Ireland isnā€™t as backward as you are trying to make out.

Not in all aspects. All though some people would argue, correctly, that having a vote on whether a certain minority get equal civil rights is in itself massively backward.

It required a change in the Constitution which can only be brought about by referendum.

1 Like

I donā€™t agree. Nowhere in the constitution did it say marriage was between a man and a woman or that itā€™s couldnā€™t be between same sex couples.

Name one religion that hasnā€™t had horrible shit done in its nameā€¦ This isnā€™t some sort of fascist state. People have the freedom of religious expression here. If it was a politician wearing a hijab and lads on here criticised her for it youd be outraged

1 Like

Ah well if all the other lads are at it that must make it grand so.

You know you can condemn the actions of the church without resorting to having pot shots at a woman over the expression of her spiritual beliefs. Do you condemn all members of the church the same? And do you condemn all religions equally for sins past and present? I myself am not religious in the slightest but think itā€™s cuntish to sneer at people for their beliefs and how the express them. Its a free country though and your entitled to your opinion the same as mcentee is to her religious expression.

3 Likes

There were heaps of grey areas with references to the family etc. Also is it not better that such a topic is put to the public vote, with a decisive proposed amendment, instead of heap of old codgers in the Dail and Seanad mulling over it?

Anyway, are you honestly saying that you do not think that the Irish public, which you refer to so disparagingly, should not be commended with regard to their liberal view of same sex marriage?

@glasagusban Strikes me as a man who would attack an auld lad for blessing himself if an ambulance drove past with sirens blaring. ā€œDo you know you are supporting rapists and pedophiles and condemning all women doing that!!!ā€