Irish COTY19: Cunt of the Year Log Thread 2019

Didnā€™t say you did

Take a breath kid.

what was done was inexcusable and religious or not itā€™s hard to understand as a father/ grandfather how this was done and covered up- think the ordinary priest shouldnā€™t have to shoulder any blame - but lots of ppl on social media fire cheap shots ( not referring to yourself)and itā€™s unfair

Lads, ye are all making a show of yourselves because some wanker on Twitter wanted a bit of publicity.

Iā€™m not religious in the least but I have a medal of padre pio in the car, to keep my very religious Granny happy.

1 Like

You said someone wearing a crucifix was offensive. It might be offensive to a bigot who hates Catholicism, like yourself.

1 Like

Fucking SJW ers on a Monday too early in the week.

No I didnā€™t. Learn to read please.

I think you need to learn how to read.

Oggy oggy oggy

@Cicero_Dandi logic

Lads getting touchy about tarring swathes of people with the one brush in this thread is quite funny.
Itā€™s a staple of this place ffs sake.
For example

GGA fans - paedophiles
Celtic fans - paedophiles
Members of the swimming society - paedophiles
Liverpool fans - murderers
Romans - arse stabbers
Chipp folk - animals (Iā€™ve met one or two who are sound tbf)
Wherever you donā€™t like - whatever you like
Whoever you want to wind up - whatever you can think of

etc.

3 Likes

Wrong, to quote yourself.

You forgot rugby.
Rugby fans - cunts

4 Likes

The crucifix has a very strong association with Catholicism, the plain old cross more so for general Christianity, Iā€™m sure itā€™s not the preserve of Catholics but the link is there

1 Like

Well it would in Ireland (southern Ireland, ROI, etc) as the great majority of Christians are Catholics, but CoE, CoI, Lutheran, Orthodox, Eastern denominations all use it.

Iā€™m not sure what the value of a distinction between a crucifix and a cross is though, as they both symbolize the core belief of all Christians.

I donā€™t know the reason but there is most definitely a huge preference for the crucifix over the plain cross in Catholicism, somebody wearing one around their neck could rightly be assumed to be Catholic

But not a bad person.

Even if they were Church of Ireland? About 400,000 on the island of Ireland I think.

The symbol of the COI is a Celtic cross. Crucifix for Roman Catholic church

Either way it was a cheap from your man to comment on it on Twitter.