Irish COTY19: Cunt of the Year Log Thread 2019

Iā€™ll be disappointed if she doesnā€™t at least make the final this year

1 Like

Kevin myres

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/dickclerkin8/status/1086672254799396865?s=19

Company man Dick Clerkin

7 Likes

Dick Clerkin is now a full time punching bag on Twitter.

+1.

Itā€™s not just that he agrees with every official GAA decision/line/policy, itā€™s how he goes battling for it in public.

The new Jarlath Burns.

3 Likes

:clap:

1 Like

Thatā€™s just not cricket

https://twitter.com/dickclerkin8/status/1086991329912147969

Heā€™s an awful fucking eejit

The League hasnā€™t even started yet and he has already laid the groundwork for a solid COTY campaign. If he can keep this up until September heā€™ll give the COTY competition a good rattle so he will.

Heā€™s dead right, whatā€™s the issue?

He should have compared the ā‚¬15 GAA ticket with another sporting event.

2 Likes

I dont see how a 33.33% increase on the price of a match day ticket for the league can be justified. The annual inflation for 2018 was under 1%.

They kept prices freezes for long enough. Maybe increasing to 12 or 14 would have looked less grabby, I think 15 is good value for a league match.

And u16ā€™s go free, but they fire that money back at the likes of the GPA. Iā€™m in two minds. The season ticket is outstanding value, and Iā€™d have more issue with the gate charges on even junior club games, but itā€™s bad optics.

Agreed. A member of a club shouldnā€™t have to pay to watch their own club play a game IMO

1 Like

Some cunting clubs would charge you into a ACFL league game in Laois, hungry bolloxes.

I dont mind paying to see my own club play Championship though.

Senior championship is fair enough, although I think it would still be a good idea to allow members in free or 5 euro max for example. Minor/u21/Junior I think should be free to members. Iā€™d say the county board lose money on some of those games anyway by having someone standing at the gate

Having seen some of the gates from Junior and Intermediate games in Laois, youā€™d do well to pull together enough to pay the referee, but thats where it mostly goes.

1 Like

He has two boys as well