Coup in Turkey

This is insane watching this live.They look to be slaughtering people trying to get across the bridge the place is ringing with automatic gunfire.

All it takes now is one hot head in the army to discharge on a civilian, and this could explode though.

Sky News showing a chap cycling on a Turkish motorway.

A coup is a great time to do some things you’ve always wanted to do but never had the chance to do before.

4 Likes

Enda has gone to DEFCON 2

They already are man!

The situation is fluid

1 Like

Some suggestion this is a gulenist led revolution, he’s a Muslim hardliner who fell out with erdogan recently enough. Interesting in that it wouldn’t be a move to restore religious freedom but just a different Muslim hardliner

1 Like

i thought I just saw a lad of people get shot there on Sky News. The picture immediately changed.

Ya for the last 20 mins.

A lot more people on the street now. Are they answering Erdogans call?

I don’t know have the army actually shot anyone on the bridge. I think they were just warning shots.

Who are they out for I wonder?

This coup is going to be a turkey, I’m afraid.

Considering the military are firing at them id say they support the Government.

Which set of military though?

The mosques are playing the call to prayer. I assume Erdogan has support from the Muslim population?

The original lads who closed the bridge id say.

A kilometre long line of people marching towards the airport,the Turks don’t shy away from it.

The muslim population is split though, not to mention the Kurdish population who’re been fucked over for years.

Some wan from the ruling party on Sky news now talking about Turkeys strong tradition of democracy. They’ve shut down opposition papers in the last few months and restricted freedoms of speech. Locked up journalists etc. The cheek of these cunts and this cunt on Sky letting it go unchecked

Hard to know who the people in these squares are supporting. Some of them seem very jubilant