Covid-19 Feel Good Vibes Thread

Amongst all the negativity, this thread is to log any positive vibes or experiences that this virus has brought

• Community spirit seems to be returning. People are checking in on older neighbours and doing dinners for them and leaving them on their doorsteps in my area
  • We’re discovering many of the natural beautiful areas around us now that parks / playground are closed. Took the lads for a stroll today to an area close to @briantinnion’s homeland and it was just spectacular. Pic below
  • Consciously spending more time at home with our lads has meant they’re playing more football or hurling in the garden than they’ve ever played. The younger lad seems to be developing an affection for Kilkenny though but they have a shared hatred for Tipp so we’re all good.

6 Likes

We will see the best of humanity in all this. Plenty of the worst too…but the good always outweighs the bad.

1 Like

Great opportunity to get out running, get fit.

2 Likes

I have started on my garden…its a fuckin jungle but Im making fabulous strides. You cant beat getting stuck into what you’ve put off for years now.

3 Likes

Yep, as long as I can get out for exercise every day I think I’ll be just fine with the isolation bit, If something took that away from me it’d be 100 times tougher

I got one of those steel tech sheds during the week. Managed to put up a few shlelves in it today and tidy it up

3 Likes

There’s some jobs being done at the homeplace that I never thought would get done. A touch of spring in the air today, you could feel a warmth from the sun today that’s been sorely missed. 16 degrees on Tuesday.

We’re halfway through March and the weather forecast is looking decent enough this week. Flooding/storm concerns should be more or less over for another year.

Get up out of bed early too. Even earlier than usually. It’s much easier to be distracted in the mornings so imo it’s better to be in bed earlier than usual and not over think things.

Great job down there now and great to see the Strand fulfil its potential, hardly a pub in Ireland in a better setting.

Their food and service has gone downhill though which is a pity. When a place sees itself as being above serving chips with their burgers you know it won’t end well. Gorgeous setting though.

We needed this :heart:

Getting 30 minutes of Yoga in in the morning before WFH to try keep the body and mind in a fit state and keep some sort of clarity of thought cc @TheUlteriorMotive

Also getting to spend more time with the little one which is great.

1 Like

Watching The Mandalorian with the lil fella before checking in for an hour or two as he tears outside to slay his enemies.

This is the life. For as long as it continues.

1 Like

You’re the only one I’ve ever heard say that.

@anon26343222 doing any guitar during lockdown?

This fella knows

1 Like

I’ve had it said to me by at least 4 (four) other people

That’s gas. Was up there and it was top class. And has been mentioned to me in a positive sense by at least 3 (three) lads from the south of county who are travelling up specifically.