Cunts on Bikes

Cyclists are 3rd world species.

It’s mentally very taxing but I used to enjoy cycling in town. Nothing better than dicing with death to make you feel more alive.

The worst part about cycling in Ireland isn’t the wind, rain or cars but the condition of the roads. They’re an absolute disgrace.

:clap:

what amazes me is the amount of cyclists in the city who have ear phones and music playing which must be blocking out all traffic sounds, how can you cycle safely through the city like this?

is it less dangerous than the sin of a motorist using a mobile phone?

if i could introduce one law it would be to allow motorists to drive straight over without stopping those cyclists who deem it necessary to navigate a busy roundabout by taking the centre line of the road.

[quote=“HBV*”]what amazes me is the amount of cyclists in the city who have ear phones and music playing which must be blocking out all traffic sounds, how can you cycle safely through the city like this?

if i could introduce one law it would be to allow motorists to drive straight over without stopping those cyclists who deem it necessary to navigate a busy roundabout by taking the centre line of the road.[/quote]

I never cycle with earphones, dunno how others do it to be honest. I like to have that sense functioning 100% thanks.

It is less dangerous. You don’t hear many cases of people dying when hit by a cyclist, do you? :wink:

Navigating a busy roundabout or intersection or whatever is scary shit when you’re on a bike, it’s necessary to get out there and make sure you’re seen. It was bad enough years ago and it’s even worse now everyone drives SUVs. For a year or two I rarely cycled in traffic as I was getting the train every day; took a while to get my nerve back.

Cyclists rool ok

So you’re saying a cyclist can’t cause an accident? Surely some dumb shit on a bike with headphones in swerving out in front of your car is as dangerous as someone talking on a mobile phone?

Well the point is that a bike losing control and a car losing control are going to do different levels of damage.

I think headphones on cyclists should be banned, for the record.

Bikes suck dick.

If I see you round town while I’m on my bike you’re getting a heavy-duty bike chain to the head.

I know what you look like.

:wink:

[quote=“Thrawneen”]Well the point is that a bike losing control and a car losing control are going to do different levels of damage.

[/quote]

Yes but if the bike loses control it can cause cause as much damage as the car losing control in city traffic.

Whatever you say. I’ve yet to hear of/see it happening.

[quote=“Thrawneen”]If I see you round town while I’m on my bike you’re getting a heavy-duty bike chain to the head.

I know what you look like.

;)[/quote]

Yeah

[quote=“Thrawneen”]I never cycle with earphones, dunno how others do it to be honest. I like to have that sense functioning 100% thanks.

It is less dangerous. You don’t hear many cases of people dying when hit by a cyclist, do you? :wink:

Navigating a busy roundabout or intersection or whatever is scary shit when you’re on a bike, it’s necessary to get out there and make sure you’re seen. It was bad enough years ago and it’s even worse now everyone drives SUVs. For a year or two I rarely cycled in traffic as I was getting the train every day; took a while to get my nerve back.

Cyclists rool ok[/quote]

:guns::wink:

It doesnt because no self respecting motorist will swerve to miss a cyclist.

how is cycling with earphones listening to music any different to driving in the car with the radio on?

the problem isnt cyclists, its impatient road driving motorists who will do anything to get past and who dont gib=ve a shit about cyclists.

[quote=“Gman”]how is cycling with earphones listening to music any different to driving in the car with the radio on?

the problem isnt cyclists, its impatient road driving motorists who will do anything to get past and who dont gib=ve a shit about cyclists.[/quote]

Cyclists should respect motorists and give way, they don’t and hence why motorists do what it takes to get by them.

[quote=“Gman”]how is cycling with earphones listening to music any different to driving in the car with the radio on?

the problem isnt cyclists, its impatient road driving motorists who will do anything to get past and who dont gib=ve a shit about cyclists.[/quote]

Ah you’d have the mirrors in the car though so you’d be more aware of traffic. Pretty limited when you’re cycling-I’d never wear earphones cycling.

Agree on the impatient motorists though. Cyclists always have the right of way according to the rules of the road.

Rules of the Road? They’re horseshite.

:wink:

[quote=“HBV*”]what amazes me is the amount of cyclists in the city who have ear phones and music playing which must be blocking out all traffic sounds, how can you cycle safely through the city like this?

if i could introduce one law it would be to allow motorists to drive straight over without stopping those cyclists who deem it necessary to navigate a busy roundabout by taking the centre line of the road.[/quote]

By far the safest line for a cyclist to take at a roundabout is the middle of the road. They’re entitled to be there and it’s far safer than having them trundling along against the kerb where their movements can cause drivers problems because they’re peripheral to their vision.