Cycle, crash, cycle, crash, cycle thread

Robbie Mckewan already did

Tour De France unchained is fantastic viewing on Netflix.

The brother in law was just telling me that not half an hour ago.

1 Like

I binge watched it. It’s like Drive to Survive bar no Guenther.

I hear it’s a bit dumbed down for the average punter but there’s no harm in that. Orla is in it.

On it!

2 Likes

If you start now you should be finished by midnight.

Last more than four minutes??

Phnaar phnaar. wahey!!

1 Like

Sam Bennett is going to the Tour

1 Like

Gino Mader RIP

Jesus. RIP. He was a very good rider.

Watched the first two episodes of the Tour on Netfilx. It is good alright. Apart from Marc Madiot talking shit.

Nearly finished it, it’s very good.

Camera work is very good.

1 Like

On the Alpecin episode. Jesper disaster.

I’ve started watching it, very interesting although you’d hope that the team talks for the Jumbo team are dumbed down for the tv audience,

Tell me this, is cycling clean now? Are times/power output or whatever they measure it in down since the bad old days

They are faster than ever. The top 20 or 30 can do a time trial at 50km/hour now when in the old days it was only the top guys. Better equipment, better nutrition. They race less and train a lot at altitude. But no doubt they are still ahead of the testers.

1 Like

Sam Bennet left out of Bora team selection for the Tour. He has been a ways off the mark this year, but the fella they picked as their sprinter instead, Meeus, has hardly been ripping it up himself.
With no Bennet, his lead out man Ryan Mullen will not go either, so no Irish rider in the tour this year.

Apparently Bennet will leave Bora at end of year for Human Powered Health, a 2nd division outfit.

Looks like he’s done. Unlucky to have to pull out of the Vuelta with the Covid last year and no results to justify taking him this year. Bora going for GC anyway so can’t afford passengers.

1 Like