Cycle, crash, cycle, crash, cycle thread

There’s a slight incline out of Glenbeigh

It’s a little fucker, never ending

Haha, as long as ye know about it, that’s the main thing

Think it was around there I dropped my fat pal but didn’t think there was much to it to be honest

It’s a few years since I did it last but went to register yesterday and got the shock of my life…€100? I think it was €30 the last time I did it, also the numbers weren’t as high that time.

It was €80-ish the year I did it (2015) and it sold out pretty quickly (an hour or two). It’s been on sale over a month this year.

It’s a bit much I reckon, a lot of lads that would do this would do half a dozen sportives over the summer and couldn’t be paying that kinda money. I stick more to the locally organised ones with a €20 registration

1 Like

Involved in organising one myself. €20 in, and a hot stew afterwards. A big spread of food at the halfway point.

1 Like

Has roaster cycling been a thing for long?

2 Likes

Big time. We did a stew after it last year, and now we have to do one every year. The roasters fucking loved it.

2 Likes

What kind of sphread would ye have at the halfway point. Bacon and cabbage?

1 Like

Few oul shpuds

And strong tay.

Ha! Sandwiches (lots of ham ones obviously), cakes, buns, brack, etc. Loads of tae.

Maybe if the fat cunts stopped eating buns and cakes they wouldn’t need to cycle so much

1 Like

And the sorry little pimples that pass for hills in Oireland wouldn’t be so difficult.

3 Likes

I’ve seen fat lads who cycle regularly who’ve gone fatter since they started. Fellas who need to take a coffee stop, and come out with a doughnut and a snickers FFS sake. The buns and cakes are usually reserved for events though.

2 Likes

I see that exact scenario almost every Sunday morning outside a local shop which seems to be a popular stop for cyclists. Pastries, donuts and chocolate bars to bate the band.

1 Like

They’re just lads trying to get away from the wives so.

5 Likes

In fairness, Sundays are usually Social Spins with clubs and groups. During the week and on Saturdays there are faster spins and this is where any training you want to do as a cyclist takes place. Then Sunday you want to get out on the road, be it to get away from the wife/kids and yes, too much time is spent at the coffee shop where the cakes and coffee flow freely. I’d be a fruit scone man myself, jam and cream with a flat white. Yum!

We only do a coffee stop once a month (we don’t have an organised Saturday spin, just Wednesdays and Sundays). They can get fat on their own time.