Cycle, crash, cycle, crash, cycle thread

Fucks sake.

I’d love to say tis far from fruit scones I was reared but to Mama Locke she baked a great shcone in her day!

Are there any women into this?

Have you it on irishsportives.ie?

cringe for @Locke

A number of the lads’ wives have started cycling too but they usually go in a slower group with the fatter and/or older lads

It’s not but I’ll get it submitted
:+1:

Send me on your Strava details via PM and we’ll compare then.

Good motivation for the fat/slow lads to get fitter so.

I would say it helps to get bodies out alright. There is also munstercycling.com. They are handy sites for keeping an eye out for different sportives around

Edit. Speaking as one of the fat lads, its all a bit of crack and sure you have to push yourself. As for the monkeys on here that think there shouldn’t be food stops when you cycle 80-100K… get on bike and do 80-100K without any food and see how you get on. Agreed, these lads tucking into cream buns and cappuccinos are not helping themselves but they are adults, most of them know that and let them make their own decisions. A sambo and refill of the waterbottles does me but that’s not everyone’s choice… mmkay?

5 Likes

a good well reasoned post

https://www.todayfm.com/The-Last-Word-with-Matt-Cooper/podcasts/70178/Should-Cyclists-Be-Forced-To-Wear-Helmets

Dan Martin second in Fleche-Wallone today behind Valverde.

2 Likes

Michele Scarponi was killed this morning on his bike. Presume he was hit by a car while training. He won the tour of Italy in 2011.

He was 38. Won a stage of a race only this week.hit by a truck. RIP

He died doing what he loved.

3 Likes

RIP :disappointed:

Dan Martin 2nd in Liege. Pipped by Valverde

For any Tipp/Limerick/Clare-based forum cyclists, there’s a nice spin out around North Tipp and East Limerick Sunday for the Keeper Cycling Club annual sportif. You might even see another forumite or two in lycra :joy:

2 Likes

What time are wheels rolling? What is the route?