Cycle, crash, cycle, crash, cycle thread

Route and details here pal: https://www.facebook.com/263316713841753/photos/a.265897166917041.1073741826.263316713841753/800116843495068/?type=3&theater

Registration from 8.30am, rolling out at 10am.

Did you make it out? We’d fellas from different parts of Limerick - Caherdavin to Kilmallock

Were Paul Gammell and the lads from Kilmallock there?

There were 3 or 4 lads from Kilmallock cycling club alright :+1:

1 Like

There are two clubs in Kilmallock :slight_smile:

These were KCC.

Is the other one the Southside Wheelers?

KCC is the racing club. They wear green/black/red jerseys. Becky’s dad is the main man there. Then there’s a touring club, they wear blue and gold jerseys.

No Bud, I changed tack and decided to cycle to Ballybunion from Limerick. Mrs OTS and the chisellers were heading to the beach and I cycled back ahead of them. Unfortunately three punctures (only had two spare tubes) put a halt to my gallop between Duagh and Listowel

Ye had a beautiful day for it. I hope ye had a good turn out

Ouch

what kind of tyres have you?

Was fcuking disgusted. Ye had some day for it. I hope ye had a good turnout. Cycling events are so weather dependent

These boys.

2 Likes

Smashing day. 120 on the road. No accidents or injuries!

They are stock 28inch tyres, cheap and cheerful. Changed them there last year but I would think it was a bad luck day, I haven’t had a puncture for about 2.5 years…

That’s a great number and its always great when everybody gets home in one piece. #Result

1 Like

You should get yourself a set of Continentals. Bomb proof.

2 Likes

I am after trading up so I will probably add the continentals to the new vehicle.

Were all three on same tyre?

I’d change tyres every twelve months.

Two on the back, one on the front. The back and front popped about 90 seconds apart, probably down to cycling in the hard shoulder, all manner of shite gets washed in there.

Did 140km behind in Kerry Saturday. My cyclists tan is coming on the finest, so it is

1 Like