Cycle, crash, cycle, crash, cycle thread

Yeah, Strava is very good. There is also one called Mapmyrun which I found slightly more cumbersome but know a few lads that have it and find it good. Strava all the way

Strava premium all the way. Full duck or no dinner!!

1 Like

Big drama on the Giro yesterday. The race leader had to stop for a shit at the side of the road. Those pesky Spaniards and Italians woukdn’t wait for him so his lead was cut by two minutes.

Great night at the club TT tonight. Switched to a carbon framed bike two days ago and managed to pip one of the big boys to the win this week. Standard wouldn’t be too high, and none of the boys would have TT bikes or even aero bars. 41’30 for the 24km course. Think I dipped under 41 last year but only back on bike about 3 weeks after a break this year

2 Likes

I was six (6) seconds off my best time going up the airport hill from the Bull McCabes last night. Had a bit of form after coming back from Spain and felt good. Had our best rider set a pace for me. in fairness it’s still only May and apart from the pace maker I had no win assistance. I’ll crack it yet this year.

1 Like

Just to remind everyone to stay safe out there

Seems to be a lot more accidents and aggressive driving these days so be cautious

3 Likes

Foggy out there this morning guys. I had the lights on and a high viz vest

2 Likes

Not a great idea for a gangland hit getaway driver but it’s better to be safe I suppose.

To anyone on this thread doing the Ring Of Beara this weekend, best of luck and get home safe. Can’t wait, its going to be tough but hopefully enjoyable

Best of luck pal. Hope you’re going the whole hog and not pussying out with the shorter option

The big dog, all the way bud. 140km, 2000m + climbing. Looking forward to it. Good crew doing it including @manaboutdog

1 Like

That’s the job. I did a support car for a crew from our cycling club who did the 110km route just for themselves a few weeks back. Spectacular scenery but not the easiest of spins. Yourself and @manaboutdog will need a good feed of pints after it. Enjoy it lads

@manaboutdog is gone lurk with the cycling

He’s a big unit.

Kelly has just used the term ‘rocking up’ when asked about preparations before a time trial.

Legend

Is there a nicer sound than the wheels cutting through the air on a nice sunny day like today?

1 Like

Lads, checking in after the RIng of Beara. Myself and @manaboutdog were savagely impressed. I couldn’t give it more praise. Its a tough enough track but the climbs weren’t as tough as I had been given the impression they were. Very enjoyable day, far surpassed the Ring of Kerry as a challenge. We had a couple of newbies, who got cramps etc, with us so we kinda limped home in slow pace but I have to say it will be a standing fixture on the calendar from now on. Well run, great atmosphere and plenty of food/water stops which were critical on the day that was (had 24-25 degree heat and beating sun for the day). Roll on 2018. I know @manaboutdog will agree with me, we can’t wait for next year

5 Likes

I’ve never done the event but have cycled the roads over the years. Great track. Kenmare are is a mighty town to host it too. Delighted it went well for you

I’m making progress towards the ROK. Got my first 100k done this weekend, from Dalkey along the coast to Donabate and back again. Finished with a climb up Killiney Hill and back down Vico road so a great cycle all round - nice and flat to make it easier. Another month of building it up and I’d say I’ll be there or thereabouts.

2 Likes

how long did it take