Cycle, crash, cycle, crash, cycle thread

Thanks pal. One of the lads with me last night had a similar crash at almost the same point last year. He cracked ribs and did some bad damage.

First time off the bike in over three years since I was upended at a railway crossing.

They were drafting at high speed.

Stupid fucking carry on. I’m often cycling in the Clontarf road minding my own business and next thing I know some stupid cunt will be on my back wheel using me as a wind break. I usually brake suddenly in this scenario

We’re not all out for leisurely jaunts on fixies pal

Anyone ever do the tour of the galtees? Anyone know of any organised spins on around Limerick this weekend?

Tour de Burren on Saturday is probably th closest thing this weekend

Jesus mate, I’ve just given that the number 2, @iron_mike had upwards of 50 at this stage, you’d think he’d have the decency to stick a like on it himself.

Ha! Thanks pal. There’s a strong anti cycling contingent here who probably couldn’t bring themselves to like it!

I’d say you’re lucky that the snack boxes have you nice and roundy so you hit the ground like bag of coal.
How the fuck is your house 1k from Daly’s cross though?

Might go up the Glen of Aherlow next week when I’m home.

1 Like

Away for friday night and Sat til afternoon with the ball n chain… Hoping to get out Sunday.

Poor divil must be living in an awful kip

We park the cars there pal and do a 46-50km training spin.
I’m the lightest I’ve been in about twenty years by the way. The weight fell off me when doing the marathon training so I can eat what the fuck I want and still look like Carl Froch (cc @Tassotti)

Fuck sorry to hear that
Hope everything is ok. @backinatracksuit in my defence, the cycling thread is not one that I would regularly frequent.

No worries pal. All fine and happy to live to fight another day.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and glad your injuries aren’t too severe, pal. You’re growing in confidence as a poster and your death would have been a blow to the forum.

6 Likes

We wouldn’t have known about it. We would just assume he had flounced off in a huff. I’m leaving directions in my will that the forum be notified of my passing.

12 Likes

That’s a lovely comment from a forum elite

An excellent initiative.

1 Like

You shouldn’t chance leaving it too long at your age

3 Likes